Fat and Back

KeishaLeigh
on 2/11/15 11:26 am - NC
VSG on 02/24/15 with

Is anyone else watching this f.in show on TLC? It came on after My 600 lb life so I decided to see what it was.

This reporter ( who looks borderline anorexic) is planning to gain 56 pounds and then lose it all within 6 months. All to show all the fatties that it is possible. What makes her think this is even a fair comparison for the struggles we have all faced?

38 y.o. 5'7" HW 347 SW 332 M1 -22 M2 -18 M3 -19 M4 -9 M5 -18 M6 -11 M7 -13 M8-9 M9 -7 M10 -8 M11 -5 M12 -1 M13 -9 M14 -0 

Cathy W.
on 2/11/15 11:49 am

I saw the beginning and switched channels.  It isn't a fair comparison at all and a ridiculous thing to do a television show on.

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Elena22
on 2/11/15 11:51 am

I'm watching this right now also and came here to post about it. What she's forgetting is that most people dealing with weight has done so for years! Not months. But at least she does finally get that those with an emotional relationship with food is much different than someone who has a functional relationship with food. She has epilepsy and can't control it. Some mo people likewise can't control their food.

~ Elena.

Poodlemac
on 2/11/15 11:54 am
RNY on 09/26/14

I completely agree. I think she's a "shock jock" in the UK. Just tries to say and do offensive things in the name of "entertainment."  They should have made her keep the weight on longer and see what it's like to be around mean, horrible people like her. Then try to get the weight off. Stupid idea, honestly. 

Elena22
on 2/11/15 12:06 pm

I totally, agree. Longer amount of time with weight and them see how easy it is.

~ Elena.

Kate -True Brit
on 2/11/15 8:55 pm - UK

Ok, just googled and found her! She us a total idiot.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Kate -True Brit
on 2/11/15 8:53 pm - UK
On February 11, 2015 at 7:54 PM Pacific Time, Poodlemac wrote:

I completely agree. I think she's a "shock jock" in the UK. Just tries to say and do offensive things in the name of "entertainment."  They should have made her keep the weight on longer and see what it's like to be around mean, horrible people like her. Then try to get the weight off. Stupid idea, honestly. 

What's her name?

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Pokemom
on 2/11/15 12:43 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

I have no****ched the show, but I had heard about it, and so I read quite a bit and watched some clips.  They made me so incredibly angry, and I do not get angry easily. The woman who did it is a totally offensive personality.  Did you see the clip where she is sobbing and says something like, "I hate fat people for making me do this?"

She makes some gross assumptions, because she has a huge ego and huge sense of self righteous self importance.  Like her insistence that overweight people eat all the time like she was eating to put on the weight. She basically says, get off your fat butt and stop being a pig.  She goes around bullying people and making them cry.  So so uninformed.  There are many people whose weight issues are not from lack of exercise and not from poor eating.  Plus, even if people's problems are entirely through their bad choices, why should it be ok to bully and shame fellow human beings.  There are plenty of things about her appearance that could be made fun of.

I think she comes off as a stupid ass.

KeishaLeigh
on 2/11/15 1:01 pm - NC
VSG on 02/24/15 with

I totally agree.  That one quote really pissed me off.  It was bad enough up until then but that finished it for me.

38 y.o. 5'7" HW 347 SW 332 M1 -22 M2 -18 M3 -19 M4 -9 M5 -18 M6 -11 M7 -13 M8-9 M9 -7 M10 -8 M11 -5 M12 -1 M13 -9 M14 -0 

Eggface
on 2/11/15 1:07 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Gaining a few pounds and losing it on TV does NOT allow someone to feel what it is like to be affected by obesity and its related conditions: type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, GERD, the list goes on. It does not replicate the effects years of excess weight has on your joints, or the side effects medications and treatments for obesity and related conditions has on a person. It does not take into account the emotional toll stigma, bias and bullying some affected by obesity face. 

TLC giving it airtime ticks me off... so many inspirational stories never get told :( Sad really.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com