Tough Love and dying......

Chilipepper
on 2/18/15 9:27 am
On December 31, 1969 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time, wrote:

Christ on a Cracker...put your big girl panties on!  You got absolutely nothing out of SaTerrys post...you used this opportunity to crybaby about meanies on a website. 

There is an entire industry devoted to making YOU healthy and giving you the tools to do that.  From the researchers to the educators, the phycisions and the nursing staff along with the mental health providers and the pharmaceutical companies. Don't you get it.  You come on a website full of people who where desperate to get the surgery to save their lives and you blantely admit to breaking the rules.  We all understand and are grateful to those people who have spent their lives learning how to save our lives and we take what you are doing personaly. If you come on here admitting to eating tacos, pizza, chocolate, cotton candy and ice cream preop and short term postop, you deserve to get your ass handed to you on a cracker..  You give us, the ones who are working the program and following the instructions, a bad name.  Hand patting is not support, it's enabling your behavior and not stressing how wrong what you are doing is.  If you can't handle the truth, then you aren't ready for this surgery.  Period 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Abby M.
on 2/18/15 10:17 am
RNY on 12/08/14

Chilipepper 1) love the "Christ on a Cracker" and 2) even as a pre-op and newbie I take this so seriously because you're fully educated as to the rules way before you pull the trigger on this decision-why would you intentionally make yourself miserable after going through all the hoops and evaluations and money of doing this? It makes me feel that a lot of programs might not be screening well from a psychological perspective. This isn't just something "ya do" 3) when I see people on here posting for sympathy or asking to be enabled it really irritates me because they should and do know better and it takes away from the people who have legitimate questions and concerns by filling the boards with crap and drama. 

p.s. i don't think posts about being nervous about something is happening or being a little overly cautious and just putting a question out there fits in this category. 

Chilipepper
on 2/18/15 12:04 pm

You have the right attitude going into the next stage of the process. If there is anything I can help you with, just ask.  I am only considered the board bully to the ones who have no desire or sense of importance on following the instructions. They don't like to be slapped around with reality,  I have no patience. There are no "oopsies" when it is a life and death situation. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Abby M.
on 2/18/15 8:01 pm
RNY on 12/08/14

Thanks! 

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 2/18/15 9:10 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

SHHH quit being supportive you will get reputation.

Chilipepper
on 2/18/15 10:21 pm

I already have one and I like the one I have :-)

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 2/18/15 10:25 pm
VSG on 12/06/12
Needanewbeginning
on 2/18/15 10:50 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Willie H.
on 2/23/15 6:05 am
VSG on 08/26/14

I feel ya. The truth hurts sometimes and regardless of how it is said-the truth is the truth is the truth. I'm the kind that need straight up honesty and my butt kicked at times, don't baby me or enable me because I WILL take advantage of it to my own detriment - that is how I got here! Just give me a straight shot and let me deal with it  As my mentor Forrest Gump says "life is like a box of chocolates...."  I've appreciated your blunt honesty and admittedly it has got me off of my big butt at times, out of my 'woe is me' mentality as if I actually have no choice!

Your way may not be my way and my way may not be your way but your way has gotten you there, my way has not yet-but I'm adaptable and willing to change when my way does not work.  Hey, if you save me by pulling me from the path of a speeding train I'm not going to complain that you broke my arm. Appreciate your experience- thanks!  

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

SkinnyScientist
on 2/18/15 11:15 pm

I find your comment about psych screening interesting.

My surgeon sent me to one and I was indicated as a potentially problematic patient.  The psych recommended the way to "handle me" is to recruit me, give me choices, and make me an active participant in my recovery/weight loss.

So maybe the psych evals are more for the doc than for the patient?

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !