Low cost Sleeve surgery in Illinois

UncleBlahh
on 2/12/15 10:15 am

Hi Everyone,

I am new here and I have been to a consult with a very good Doc in Chicago suburbs but my insurance wont cover it and appeal was denied. My Doc is almost $20K and although I have been saving for a while but I just cant get enough together. I have $13K but I want to get my life back and don't want to wait any longer. Does anyone know of a lower cost Doc in the Chicago area? My family really wants ,e to stay local for follow up and support ect.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ladytazz
on 2/12/15 2:25 pm

Have you looked into Mexico?  I have heard great things about some doctors there and it would probably be about half of what you have now, including travel and lodging.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

psren13
on 2/14/15 2:11 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

Check endobariatrics.com  Dr Guillermo Alvarez.. He has a strong reputation with many testimonials.  Also can find him on You Tube.  Very affordable just across Mexico border.  Everything inclusive in the price.  My insurance covers me here but if it didn't I would choose to go to him.  

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/12/15 8:10 pm

That is more than enough for a good doc in Mexico. 

But if your family want you to do local, they need to pay for it. At least the difference. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Maria27
on 2/12/15 10:22 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

I go to the University of Chicago, and they have a financial assistance program. I think it might be based on your income. I don't know the details of the program because my surgery is being covered by insurance, but it would be worth checking into.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132