Help please! Weight Loss

Ruth B.
on 2/11/15 10:42 pm - Midlothian, VA

Hi! Thanks, did this. Very revealing and helpful!

Cindy59
on 2/11/15 5:51 am

I had bypass surgery on Jan. 20.... When I started my liquid diet before surgery, I weighed 245... I am 4 weeks post op today, and am at 216 lbs.   My concern is that I am doing everything right, and have been at 216 for over a week now...I clean houses for a living and I am working about 3 days a week....so I would say I am not just laying around ...I have done the treadmill a few times , but cannot seem to get my energy level back up...taking all my vitamins too....is this normal to set on one weight and not move for a week?   All of the blogs and videos I have watched seem to have a faster weight loss...,,.

Ruth B.
on 2/11/15 10:40 pm - Midlothian, VA

Hi! We are close on surgery dates! You have done so well already! Everyone is telling me this stall is normal! Our bodies are adjusting. It thinks we are starving and is shutting down to protect us! They say it will adjust when ready and to keep doing what we are doing. I'm low on energy, too. I'm 67 yrs so thinking I'll take a little longer to regain my energy? Never had much to begin with! Ruby

Tracie G.
on 2/11/15 6:58 am
RNY on 01/21/15

I had RNY on 1/21 and I'm in the same boat.  I've lost 7 pounds total.  It must be somewhat normal, we are not alone.

Ruth B.
on 2/11/15 10:35 pm - Midlothian, VA

Oh so close in dates! Glad to hear from you. Let's keep at it!

Y D.
on 2/11/15 7:44 am, edited 2/11/15 7:45 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Hey! We had the same surgery, on the same day- and right now we're going through the same thing!! ;) The only thing keeping me positive is the fact that it's to be expected, but it is frustrating though for sure.

I'm also going to take a stool softener for the first time, keep things moving. Drinking lots of water too.

Hopefully next week we'll have a newer and lower number on the scale!! :)

Ruth B.
on 2/11/15 10:34 pm - Midlothian, VA

Hey! We did have our surgeries on same day! Where in country are you located? I'm in Richmond, VA. Ruby

Y D.
on 2/12/15 12:36 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

San Diego, CA

Ruth B.
on 2/12/15 12:58 am - Midlothian, VA

Oh, nice and warm! I grew up in Burbank, CA. Love San Diego!

annemaya
on 2/11/15 7:08 pm

Maybe you should try green coffee extract.I have heard it works for some... btw you can read a review here on the green coffee.

also what about exercise.. i'd go for HIIT exercise, it works wonders