Nausea

Mthatch1
on 2/10/15 12:42 pm
RNY on 12/08/14 with

So I will be calling the dr tomorrow, but recently suffering from extreme nausea... Before I eat, after I eat and wondering what could be the problem?? I was 9 weeks post op RNY on Monday...  I have not vomited, but just feeling horrible.. Any advice will help.. I have taken an anti nausea med..

Melissa💜

MickeyDee
on 2/10/15 2:33 pm

The first thing that comes to mind is dehydration;  it's all too easy to skimp on drinking water.  Nausea is a first sign.  

Don't let it go too long--you could wind up dead.

Valerie G.
on 2/11/15 12:19 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

How much fluids are you taking?  Dehydration causes nausea, fatigue, and even contributes to kidney stones - and 64 oz of fluids (everything wet and decaf) is your daily minimum requirement, from the moment they removed the IV from your arm.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

susanjdk
on 2/11/15 1:24 pm

Are you on a med. to prevent gallstones?  Wild guess, but there can be nausea with gallstones.  I have no idea how soon they can form after surgery, but we are at increased risk.

south2north
on 2/13/15 4:17 am
DS on 11/19/14

I dealt with the "unexplained" nausea until about my 10th week.  Even after drinking the proper amount of fluids and after taking zofran.  Warm chamomile tea helped a lot.  I wonder if it had to do with hormonal changes after the surgery.  I'm not really sure, but it did pass (thank God!) Because it was a miserable feeling!  Hope you're feeling better soon!