6 year Anniversary

Felicia O'Connor
on 2/9/15 11:45 pm - South Pasadena, CA
RNY on 02/09/09 with

Yesterday was my 6 year anniversary and i totally forgot. I have gained 20 lbs since then and i have cut on so many foods. I need to get back on track, i worked so hard to get there and i can do it again. Any suggestions? go back to fluids only???? This page has saved me and i always lirking on this site to get inspiration from all of you~

Felicia O'Connor

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 2/10/15 2:10 am
VSG on 12/06/12

What will going back to only fluids for you? Maybe make you go insane. Dense protein and watch the carbs. No drinking with meals if you were. I am sure more will chime in but those basics I listed are what will help you.

Felicia O'Connor
on 2/10/15 8:30 am - South Pasadena, CA
RNY on 02/09/09 with

Yes, I had a nice protein shake for breakfast and a salad with protein and string cheese so far. Dinner will be protein and veggies. No drinking while eating before or after.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 2/10/15 8:55 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

Well sounds like you are on the right path. Plus have to keep hydrated.

siberiancat
on 2/10/15 9:20 pm - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

I will be 6 years post RNY next month.  I am at goal, but I do fluctuate 5 pounds or so - especially if I let carbs with no nutrition back into my day.

I journal my food intake for 3-4 weeks a couple of times a year.  It helps me see where empty calories are slipping in or I'm not meeting water, protein, carb requirements/restrictions.  I use liquid protein for 1-2 meals a day.  I don't eat fast food, no diet sodas and very little processed food.  I aim to eat REAL food - meat, cheese, veggies, fruit, nut & seeds and full fat milk, unsweetened yogurt.

I now see food as nutrition and a means of fuel - not fun or emotional.  Some dark chocolate daily is my favorite treat - I break of a piece and let it melt in my mouth and really enjoy it.

Stay away from empty calories (even if lo fat or artificially sweetened) cookies, cake, sweetened yogurts, chips, pretzels, pasta, bread, etc.)  Most of them are addicting carbs and turn to sugar and stored as fat - not good.

Meet with a dietitian or counselor if you use food to soothe emotions.  It is hard work to maintain at goal.  Also keep annual bariatric appointments and have labs done.  I find each year that I'm deficient in something and have to "tweak" my supplements.

I also read, read, read books on nutrition.  You can click on my name or picture and see some of my reading list.

Best wishes,

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Felicia O'Connor
on 2/11/15 12:04 am - South Pasadena, CA
RNY on 02/09/09 with

Hi Penny

thank you for your response. Yes I have slipped. I do not however eat fast food, nor soda. I am back to protein shakes and I juice as well. I need to drink more water. Your feedback has opened my eyes. I just got health insurance back , so I am gonna be able to see a dr soon. Thank you so much for the encouragement. I'm back to basics and I am determined to get back to my goal.

thanks

felicia