frustrated and not eating

LadyTracey
on 2/9/15 5:28 am

Im 6 days post op vsg. I cant stand any more broth or protein shakes. I hv started babyfoods wich go down fine and digest easily. I just hate these textures and as a result i find myself not eating at all. Please help

STB
on 2/9/15 7:53 am
RNY on 07/21/14

remember to keep sipping so you don't become dehydrated. have you tried mixing some protein powder in with some sugar free pudding? buy the mix and make it that way although sometimes dairy is hard to tolerate so be careful. is that on your plan yet? how about scrambled eggs? once again, stick to the plan your doc recommends. even though it is hard, it will get easier and you need to power through this. 1 tiny half teaspoon every ten minutes if you have to. you will get there! your tastes will continue to change. what is gross this week won't be next week. sometimes it seems like big changes happen overnight. sugar free popsicles might be good also. you migh****er down your protein shakes a bit and that might help. good luck!

SHARON  

MegZorar
on 2/9/15 9:20 am

Be careful with the baby foods. They often have high carbs and relatively little protein. I got some early on, but went with cottage cheese and other soft foods instead.