My husband and I are both scheduled for surgery on 2/16/15.

Regina M.
on 2/6/15 9:32 pm

Second day on total liquid fast prior to surgery and feeling surprisingly good. No sugar, no caffine, no soda and I'm still ALIVE! hehehe Anywho, I'm excited that my husband and I have agreed to do this together. He and I both have a history apart and together of weight loss yo yo and inactivity. We are both looking forward to getting on our bikes in the fall and riding the Katy trail. I woke up during the night feeling famished but managed to fight through it and go back to sleep. I know I probably should have gotten up and drank some broth or something. It's interesting now how many food commercials you are subjected to an a 4 hour span of time when you're watching television. No wonder we have an obesity issue in America. It would just like showing nothing but cigarette commercials when you're trying to quit or beer commercials...you get the idea. The media is maddening. They will show you 3 food commercials and then to balance it all out they will throw in a weight loss commercial for good measure. I find myself analyzing the commercials too. Have you notice how many commercial's music and lyrics talk about love, comfort, joy, etc. associated with that product. How about the new McDonalds ad? "Love", please!!!!! Okay, I'm off my soap box now. My husband will be emptying the house of anything and everything that he knows we won't be eating for the next few months or more. He's taking it all to his sister and her kids. I'm really proud of how he's stepped up and taken the initiative to get things ready for our new lifestyle. I realize this is just the second day out on a week long liquid fast prior to surgery, but so far so good.

MsBatt
on 2/6/15 10:46 pm

LOL! Ever noticed that when you're in the check-out line at the supermarket, all the magazines have covers plastered with "Yummy recipes!" AND "She lost half her weight! NO diets, NO gimmicks!"

It's a crazy world that we live in.

Regina M.
on 2/7/15 6:12 am

Yep. I personally think we could fight a harder battle if they restricted the # of food commercials show after 6:00 p.m.!

Thebiggestloser
on 2/6/15 10:54 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

Having your partner do this with you is such a big help. You two will be able to support eacother in this journey!

Shel25
on 2/6/15 10:56 pm

I am really excited for you guys!  Being able to talk to each other about activities you will both enjoy in the not so distant future must be so motivating!  

Best of luck with the liquid fast.  You WILL survive although you might question that occasionally. 

~Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Regina M.
on 2/7/15 6:14 am

I already am? lol! They say the first couple of days is tough. We're keeping busy!!!!!

MegZorar
on 2/7/15 1:30 am

Feb. 16--nice gift post-Valentine's.

Regina M.
on 2/7/15 6:21 am

Lol! You're right. Bub said that we could still have our chocolate..."Whey Protein Chocolate that is". Isn't he funny? NOT! Seriously, we are both excited to start this journey. We have miles of Katy Trail to ride and dozens of roller coasters to fit into!

Modest_Phoenix
on 2/7/15 2:58 am

I think it would be nice to have someone in the house who knows exactly what you're going through because they are going through it too.  Will you have someone who can be a caretaker for the two of you for the first week after surgery?  Best of luck to you both.

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

Regina M.
on 2/7/15 6:15 am

Yes. My husband's mother lives with us. She is ready to take on the challenge!