So its nearly 10 years after wls what do you look like now.......*Photo*

MyLady Heidi
on 2/9/15 7:45 am, edited 2/9/15 7:57 am

I still come to OH to remind myself why I had wls and show people that if I can do this really anyone can.  I was never a very ambitious person, pretty much lazy does describe me, I tried dieting, I had an eating disorder, I had diabetes, but I wasn't very dedicated to really making any real sacrifice in the way of really losing weight and maintaining.  So after my mom died after 30+ years of diabetes and I got diagnosed and I am an extreme needle-phobe I thought oh **** I better so something quick before I end up taking 5 shots a day too.  So in April of 2005 I had rny at 283.5lbs and today I weigh 135lbs, and have been in that goal range for many years.  My first pic was taken a few years prior to wls 2002, my second in 2007 when I hit my first goal, and the third a few days ago nearly 10 years later.  I weigh less now then as I did as a freshmen in high school.  Seriously if I can do this so can anyone else.  It just takes some practice to find what works best for eating and some diligence to maintain and never regain but its all totally do-able.

photo meb4aft_zpsrxmfc4i0.jpg

iloveravens
on 2/9/15 7:51 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Wow, great job!  You look like a different person.  Great job.  xoxo

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

MyLady Heidi
on 2/9/15 7:58 am

Thanks.  I just made that failure isn't an option commitment to myself, you only get one shot at a second chance and I wasn't going to **** it up.

iloveravens
on 2/9/15 11:10 pm
RNY on 08/13/14

I meant to add that you are beautiful.  Instead I said "great job" twice...LOL :) xoxo

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Loser2542
on 2/9/15 7:55 am

Thanks for sharing. I love hearing someone so far out with continued success! Very inspiring.

HW: 388 SW: 240 CW: 172      Surgery Date 11/07/2014     VSG with Dr. Chengelis

MyLady Heidi
on 2/9/15 8:00 am

Thanks!!  I used to love to see people who had been successful for a long time, I had someone inspire me, so I try to come back and show people it can be done if you want it bad enough.  And I hate to say this but without exercise, I hate exercise, I walk and walk and walk when its nice and warm out but I live in Connecticut, so as you can imagine no walking right now.  I diet, restrict calories to maintain, but I have no hunger so its not really that big a deal and I broke up with food.  I don't let food lead me around by the nose anymore.  And its all made me very happy to be a normal bmi and feel like a normal weight person.

thefuture2015
on 2/9/15 9:15 am

thank you so much for taking the time to reach out. I am still in the "getting ready" stage and I am struggling to stay off carbs and sugar that many days I feel like I wont be able to do it.. I will be a failure .. but I am trying every day to have some weight loss before surgery

thanx again, you look beautiful

MyLady Heidi
on 2/9/15 9:28 am

You can do it, no one was less disciplined then me prior to wls, I ate a Pint of Ben and Jerry every day, that was how I got MO in the first place.  But once I knew I had a shot at a second chance I ran with it and still run with it.  I love sweets and chocolate but I try to rein it all in and balance everything so I can eat something that I still love yet still maintain my weight.

Good Luck.

Lisa B.
on 2/9/15 10:17 pm - MI

Wow, you look amazing and you've done an excellent job of keeping it off all these years. I had RNY in 2008 and lost 110 pounds. I kept that off for about 4 or so years and then it started coming back. In the past year I've had many terrible stressors at work and home and I was just in survival mode which resulted in a lot of bad food choices and hardly excercised. The end result is I regained 50+ pounds.

You aren't hungry, even now? I can't imagine. After about 4-5 months after surgery I had true hunger and now its much worse. Now I understand if I eat the wrong stuff I'll may get hungrier but even the first few years when I was very strict I still got very hungry when it was time to eat. Part of my struggle was if I got to hungry I would get shaky/dizzy so I started carrying around healthy snacks. That is great until it turns into grazing. :-(

Do you mind sharing what a couple days of meals look like to you? Do you also have to cook for a family and if so do they eat different? I work full time with long commute so the days of cooking two meals isn't feasible. *sigh*

Thanks for listening and have a great day!

MyLady Heidi
on 2/19/15 1:15 pm

I dont eat before dinner Mon-Fri, I eat healthy protein forward dinner, I don't cook much and I favor chicken.  I eat two snacks before bed, typically greek yogurt and nuts.  I like food with texture.  I do not drink ant calories, and I drink lots of diluted iced tea with lemon all day.  I don't have hunger, I only walk for exercise and I limit calories to 1000 during the week and 1500 on weekends.

Good Luck.