HI!

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/15 1:17 pm

I am having the sleeve on April 1, I went to the appointment with the pulmonologist yesterday and I asked him if I was supposed to keep using the CPAP for my sleep apnea after surgery and he said yesss. But im concerned because im reading some posts of people who had surgery recently and they wrote that the gas is killing them. I will insist and ask my surgeun about it though.

Nancy
on 2/7/15 10:16 pm - Kasson, MN

I would go with the pulmonologist recommendations.  If you experience any problems then contact them!

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/15 2:25 am

Thanks. It is greatly appreciated. You are right.

Racewalker48
on 2/8/15 1:10 am
RNY on 02/17/14

Please do ask.  I don't know what you are referring to regarding the "gas".  Do you mean oxygen?  I use a CPAP and the only gas that flows through it is room air. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/15 2:23 am

I was referring to gas pains after surgery.  Also, some people have said that once they had lost weight they were swallowing air and it was so uncomfortable in the morning until they adjusted the machine to a lower number...as from 11 to 8 for example.  I know that the lack of oxygen at night has so many ill effects on the body other than just not sleeping well. I will keep using it until I have a sleep study done.

Thank you so much. 

Hislady
on 2/8/15 5:49 am - Vancouver, WA

The gas after surgery is inside the body cavity from the air they put in your body to expand the abdominal area to have room to operate it will not be in the lungs. The best way to get rid of surgical gas is to walk as much as possible.

Raze
on 2/8/15 5:51 am, edited 2/8/15 5:51 am