Doing this on my own, please have patience

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/15 11:06 pm

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/15 11:10 pm

thank you Mary for taking the time to reply. I wanna be as successful as you have been and sometimes being alone in this process might be better bc those around me just don't get, don't wanna be bothered should there be complications or whatever, guess what, it's not about them. This is me, my life, I'm taking charge.

Gwen M.
on 2/7/15 7:49 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Rocky gave you great advice.  

I'm not entirely sure what having support has to do with being prepared - I went to every appointment on my own, I did all of my own research.  At the end of the day, I have had family and friends cheering me on, but I'm the responsible one who had to make the choice for surgery and then make sure that I was prepared.  At the end of the day, all the support in the world didn't teach me which calcium to use, what my post-op diet was, or when I could exercise.  

Take notes.  Keep a diary or blog that you can fill with information you find.  Read through every single post in the VSG forums - don't comment, just read and take more notes.  

You can do this if you put in the time and effort that it'll take.  You might think that your situation is different than everyone else's here, but I assure you, it's not.  None of us are as unique as we think we are and there's a lot to be learned from those who have gone through this process before us.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/15 3:30 am

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/15 11:04 pm

thanks Gwen well said and I' feeling more prepared, have things in place. going for my 1:00 pre surg appmt today and I will be successful, and those in my family  who are nonsupportive will get over it when they see that 1. I'm not asking for their permission or aprroval

2. I will not bother them should something go wrong bc then I will here the famous last words :I told you so

3. I'm a pretty strong gal when all is said and done afterall so all I have to say is, bring it Thursday, I'm ready for ya. And yes everything is in my notebook and I'm good.  One thing happening that I can't control is the snow coming on thurs. lol Be well

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/7/15 9:38 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I also had to go thru it alone, but part of that was a choice. I only mentioned to like one person that I was looking at wls, we talked & that was it. I went to the seminars on my own, did research on my own,took tests alone, went to the hospital by myself, took a cab home,by myself, recovered on my own, etc, etc. I'm a strong willed & private person to some extent & figured I got into this on my own, I can get out of it on my own. Later I opened myself up, but that was later., I got a lot of support & information from people on this site.

Support sometimes won't come in the way you want it to, just try to remember that most people come from a good place & give advice in the way they want, but they do try to be helpful. Writing things down is a really good suggestion. I know my memory fades from time to time & it would be great to look back & see things written down. Like if 3 years from now if I start to regain weight I might not have to post about jump starting my weight loss, I can look back at my food journal & see how I was eating & losing weight & compare it to however I'm eating at that point.

I wish you much success on your weight loss journey.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/15 3:32 am

thank you and yes you are very strong. perhaps stronger than I. but I thank you for taking the time to offer your suggestions. Continued success and good health.

Regina M.
on 2/7/15 10:23 pm

Use your imagination! Bub and I can have protein shakes, broths, sugar free popsicles and sugar free jello. This morning I had turkey vegi broth with a vanilla protein shake with a banana popsicle blended in. It was really good. Get some Crystal Light and keep a bottle near you all the time. When you look at it, take a drink. You'll be surprised how quickly you'll be able to get that 64 oz down every day. Don't be afraid to overdo the liquid. Remember your popsicles, jello and broth all count toward that goal. Take your supplements!!!!! Drink your protein. Switch it up and use your imagination.

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/15 3:34 am

Imagination! Really. Girl bye. I just went to the store and purchased all the things you mentioned above. Be well.

Regina M.
on 2/7/15 10:29 pm

http://www.muhealth.org/services/surgical/bariatrics/

Go surfing and find all the information you can to educate yourself. You've come to great site for the encouragement and support you need right now. But, I will warn you. We are honest here. Sometimes what we have to say might sting a little. But know this, we are here for you. Please be honest about your feelings. Make no excuses. Being alone in the battle is a choice. Some of us know how easy it is to separate yourself from the world. Sometimes pride will convince you that nobody else needs to know. That's a cop out. Start looking around you. I think you'll be surprised how many people are there for you. Don't be afraid. You've taken a huge step to escape from your lonely place.