Doing this on my own, please have patience

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/15 3:29 am

thank you that's exactly what I'm doing now. I have a special little note book I just got after church today and I plan to outline everything both info I have gotten on here and the 1o pages of info I have from my dr and coordinator. Thank you for your patience. I hope I can be of help  to someone at some point.

Midge
on 2/9/15 10:28 pm - Indian Head Park, IL

I wish you every success and the best of good health!  I, too, had to do it alone!  I learned if you have good relations with those around you, the relations will become better after the surgery and you begin to lose weight, but if there are naysayers and no one in in your corner, they get real ugly after your surgery and they see you losing weight......this is pretty much my story.  I am alone and making it all work.  Like you, I wanted to help others.  I now chair a support group at a local hospital. I have been at 170 for 11 years, after coming down from 325#.

i am 71!  It is doable - keep the faith, my friend.......you can do this!  While we are not an island as people and we do need good companionship, we do NOT need those who criticize, blame or suggest for our own good.........things that THEY want for us, never what we want for ourselves!  my special thoughts for your good health and success

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/15 10:58 pm

Oh that was so beautiful to wake up to this morning. and you are so right, I couldn't put my finger on why I was having such and internal conflict and then I realized just what you wrote, other pple not wanting me to have this  for their selfish reasons, I've heard the gamut of complaint, ie" you'll be sick, your  meds wont work, I don't want to see you in the hospital with problems. It's not about them, it's about me and I'm doing what I need to for me me whatever the outcome and I expect a good one, I will do this. Thank you so much for taking the time m to reply. Going to have my pre surg workup today at 1:00. Continued good health and success to you.

Midge
on 2/9/15 11:05 pm - Indian Head Park, IL

And one more thing - if you were in my support group, you would be allowed to ask any question every which way until I and the others were sure you understood......you may also repeat yourself, as when you repeat yourself, it becomes an affirmation of the thing or issue you need clarification on.......I thought the person who answered about the "Vets" or veteran professionals not having the time to repeat themselves, was a bit tough on you......I just know you understand you have to take notes and organize it all.......Be kind to yourself, as many others are not so kind.......everyone moves along at their own pace and this journey's information is most daunting.....Again, I wish you great and improved health and much success on the journey - thank you for your well-wishes, too!  Good luck on your pre-op today at 1:00!

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/15 11:07 pm

thank you so much for understanding

Midge
on 2/10/15 12:01 am - Indian Head Park, IL

though I don't know you, much love, caring and compassion goes out to!

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/15 7:54 am

thank you so much. I really appreciate your gentle and sincere spirit. I got a lot accomplished today, all my pre surg tests done, emergency visit to dentist for an abscess I discovered is brewing, got the antibiotic for that, taught one class today (English riding), and just enjoyed the outdoors today. I feel content, and ready to start my birthday on 2.12. Be well and I'll let you know what's going on

Midge
on 2/10/15 9:44 am - Indian Head Park, IL

So happy to learn you are active and I bet love majestic horses!  How wonderful! You, indeed, accomplished much! Good that you are on top of the dental abscess - it can be a problem, so do mention it to the docs.  Be well, my friend - I am rarely on these boards anymore.  In fact, I went "inactive" with my support group on here called "Why Weight", because of my bricks and mortar hospital support group.  It was meant for me to see your post.......here is my e-mail - not sure if the admins on this site will let it show, though: 

[email protected]       I love that you are content and at peace with all that is ahead!  You be well, also - the best is yet to come, my friend!  It take it you are in sunny Cal!    best regards - Midge

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/15 11:33 pm

I feel as though we are friends and again I thank you for everything. I have you email  and I will be in touch with you. You be well. xoxoxoxo.  No I'm in very cold NJ. lol

Midge
on 2/10/15 11:44 pm - Indian Head Park, IL

Yes, we are friends - we have the surgery in common, which brings us much closer than any other category of friend!  I am happy to encourage you.....no lectures, no chastisements - only kindness, empathy and great understanding.  I am NEVER about tough love!  It never worked on me and I have cleared my life of family and friends who have approached me in this manner.  I have even left the on-line support postings because of that ...  Well, you must be a hearty soul, like us in Chicago.....the eastern seaboard states get the worse of the cold, I think.  looking forward to hearing from you .....  be well