Not a fan of the pre-op meal replacement

56sunShine14
on 2/7/15 12:47 am

Of the protein mixes I have tried, the Unjury Unflavored was the worst taste EVER!  But, I bought the MIO drops in Dark Cherry flavor, put one full squirt into a glass of cold water, blended, added 2 ice cubes and blended some more.  Sometimes the coldness of the ice makes it clump but it can be stirred out easily and quickly.  it foams from being blended but it calms down and you get the full shake.  It tastes like Kool Aid to me.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

MegZorar
on 2/7/15 1:41 am, edited 2/7/15 1:41 am

Atkins shakes are pretty tasty. Some of the coffee flavors are downright delicious. Not the best nutrients though.

Michele H.
on 2/7/15 5:36 am - NJ

Try Premier Protein ready to drink chocolate.....much better than powder in my opinion.

Michele

Jackie G.
on 2/7/15 5:58 am

Quest protein shake in vanilla is the best I have had.  I like mixing a couple Tbsp. of PB2 in it and it is really good.  You can get it online or at GNC....

Good luck and hang in there!

Ellie333
on 2/7/15 6:37 am - Canada

Hi, I am in the middle of the pre-op  diet and I have been using cinnamon, d'caf coffee, nutmeg, cinnamon, rum and mint extract.  Anything to mask the taste.  Our clinic is very specific about the type of protein shake you may have (Slim Time) it comes in both chocolate and vanilla (with nutmeg tastes like eggnog).  The plan is that you may have 3 shakes/day plus 2 proti bars.  The problem I am having is that I miss savory flavor.  I would give my eye tooth for a bowl of broth.  Good luck on this journey and just keep powering through it.

Cheers

Ellie

Regina M.
on 2/7/15 10:22 pm

Use your imagination! Bub and I can have protein shakes, broths, sugar free popsicles and sugar free jello. This morning I had turkey vegi broth with a vanilla protein shake with a banana popsicle blended in. It was really good. Get some Crystal Light and keep a bottle near you all the time. When you look at it, take a drink. You'll be surprised how quickly you'll be able to get that 64 oz down every day. Don't be afraid to overdo the liquid. Remember your popsicles, jello and broth all count toward that goal. Take your supplements!!!!! Drink your protein. Switch it up and use your imagination.