Please help.. so frustrated.. I don't want to give up before I get started.

MsBatt
on 2/8/15 11:05 pm

Do you journal your food? You need to write down every single bite that goes into your mouth, and post it here. For example, 3 ounces of chicken breast, 2 ounces cheese, 1/ cup broccoli with 3 ounces cheese sauce, etc. If we can see specifically what you're eating, we can offer some suggestions.

How much do you weigh, and what's your goal weight? Have you had any success with dieting in the past? Some people lose easily when they stick to a diet, but have trouble keeping the weight off long-term---usually because they gradually stray from their diet plan. Others can be champion dieters, yet struggle to lose a single pound---this is usually a good sign of a really efficient metabolism. Which category YOU fall into is something you figure out before you decide which form of WLS would be most likely to give you long-term success.

thefuture2015
on 2/9/15 8:48 am

I have been dieting for all of my adult llife.  I lost a lot of weight on OA about 10 years ago.  I have been able to maintain pretty much but over the last 2 years I have gained almost 30 lbs and not matter how much I diet and or exercise I have not been able to loose a lb.

currently I am approx. 212 the lowest I have ever gotten on my own with mindful eating and hard core exercise was 185.  I am 61 years old and cannot keep doing this.. I want to back to feeling healthy and happy.

Thank you for responding to my post

Rae 

hollykim
on 2/9/15 6:56 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 8, 2015 at 6:36 PM Pacific Time, thefuture2015 wrote:

My fist apt was in Dec. I have been following low carb and low sugar since then.  Two weeks ago, I saw the nutritionist and we discussed my food plan.  Since then I have been really strict on the carbs and sugar.  Have changed my eating from diet everything to whole foods that are low to 0 carbs and low sugar.  I have not lost a pound.  My cloths are tight around my waist and I do not understand at all.  I do not want to disappoint my doc or nutritionist when I go back.  I do not want them thinking that I am not taking this serious.  I am hungry and craving all the time.  Does anyone have experience with this that they will share.. I still have a lot of clearance tests to do and if this is not going to work for me, I do not want to go through all of that.

how much fluid re you getting? 64+ oz a day? Are you eating fruit and vegetables? Many people don't realize that fruit and vegetables have carbs,especially fruit. It may be natural sugar,but it is still sugar and you body doesn't know or care if it is natural or not.

thefuture2015
on 2/9/15 8:35 am

that is a good point.. I do drink a lot of water. not sure if its 64 oz.. I have been following the sheet I got from my nutritionist ..no fruit at all and watching the veggies..I did loose a lb today so I am feeling a bit better.  Enough so that I was able to walk away from all the fried chines food and fortune cookies.  I truly appreciate all of the feed back I have gotten..

I would like to add you to my friend list if I can.

Rae..

Evt1914
on 2/9/15 9:11 am

My doctor wanted to also to loose the weight and I didn't not that i didn't try he said i did a terrible job on closing and that he started not to do the surgery.  That's what my daughter told me when i woke up i am so glad he did they surgery because i did try I just wasn't active. I tell you I feel your pain but I had the best doctor in the world Dr. Micheal Lee.

thefuture2015
on 2/9/15 10:23 am

how much weight did he want u to loose. when did you have the procedure and how are you doing???

thefuture2015
on 2/9/15 9:25 am

I thank you all for all your input.  I feel much better today. Was able to walk away from many of my favorite goodies today.  It is nice to see that everyone here supports one another

I will continue to use your experiences to get me through. I have a long way to go  My surgery will probably not be until June.. ugghhh