Please help.. so frustrated.. I don't want to give up before I get started.

thefuture2015
on 2/8/15 10:36 am

My fist apt was in Dec. I have been following low carb and low sugar since then.  Two weeks ago, I saw the nutritionist and we discussed my food plan.  Since then I have been really strict on the carbs and sugar.  Have changed my eating from diet everything to whole foods that are low to 0 carbs and low sugar.  I have not lost a pound.  My cloths are tight around my waist and I do not understand at all.  I do not want to disappoint my doc or nutritionist when I go back.  I do not want them thinking that I am not taking this serious.  I am hungry and craving all the time.  Does anyone have experience with this that they will share.. I still have a lot of clearance tests to do and if this is not going to work for me, I do not want to go through all of that.

kathkeb
on 2/8/15 10:53 am

Why don't you post what youeat in a typical day ... We may be able to offer suggestions to help you.

Hang in there.

Kath

Modest_Phoenix
on 2/8/15 10:58 am

Take portion control into consideration too.  I dislike weighing and measuring and tracking food so I eat from really small dishes.  My dinner plate is 7" and my snack plates are appetizer plates, about 3". Are you physically hungry or emotionally hungry?  Physical hunger will go away after a small amount of food.  Emotional hunger means you want to eat everything in sight and it's an unending void you're trying to fill.  If you're an emotional eater (like I am) please look into ways to fill the void without food.  Write in a journal, listen to music you like, go for a walk or so easy stretching, change your location - moving from one room into another can help. Don't eat in front of the TV or the computer.  Eat your meals and snacks at the table, nowhere else, and be mindful of every bite you put into your mouth.  Eat slowly.  Put down your fork or spoon between every bite. Notice the flavor and texture of each bite before taking the next one.  Savor your food.  And remember, it takes a lot of time to lose weight.  Making positive changes is making progress. 

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

Evt1914
on 2/8/15 11:03 am

i don't if you have had the surgery are not but I had the same problem i couldn't lose my problem before I had the sleeve was sweets sodas I could live on the stuff. Before surgery I tired to loose but couldn't an till after i had it but it can be very frustrated. 

thefuture2015
on 2/9/15 8:39 am

I have not had the surgery.  It should take place in June.  MY doctor wanted me to loose 5-10 lbs.. I have plenty of time but I wanted to have a couple of lbs off before my next visit.

NYMom222
on 2/8/15 11:08 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Keep a food diary to show them. Also, is that what the nutritionist told you to do at this point? My pre-op diet(not the liquid one)  was 100g protein a day and not more than 100g carbs. Include one protein shake a day in those stats. Veggies don't have to be counted. It worked pretty well. Are you trying to count calories too? Counting calories and counting carbs doesn't usually work. Are you getting fat in there? can't cut everything. Just a few things to think about.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

thefuture2015
on 2/9/15 8:41 am

yes.. they gave me a sheet that said 20 grams of carbs.. no sugar.. its getting a little better but this is the hardest thing I have ever done.. thank you so much for your response.

Valerie G.
on 2/8/15 12:29 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I had the same effect, and I assure you that things DO change as a post op.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

thefuture2015
on 2/9/15 8:42 am

that is the best news I have had all day.. I was starting to think I might not be able to do it.

poet_kelly
on 2/8/15 4:44 pm - OH

They shouldn't be disappointed if you have been following the plan they gave you.  Instead, they should help you figure out what's going on and re-adjust your plan to help you.  That is their job.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.