Did you ever think that you would not like eating!

Nancy
on 2/7/15 10:12 pm - Kasson, MN

I had a leak after my surgery 11 years ago.  I still don't like to eat a lot of food. I hate that really full feeling.  I have to push every few hours still some type of protein to keep my weight on.  I did not ever think that I would hate to eat all the time!  I use to love food prior to surgery.

Gwen M.
on 2/8/15 2:06 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I still love food and I'd be pretty sad if I didn't!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

MsBatt
on 2/8/15 4:24 am

Me too, Gwen---me too!

Raze
on 2/8/15 5:42 am, edited 2/8/15 5:45 am

i still like to eat but don't crave anything like i used to. most likely because i never feel hungry. not to be confused with not having an appetite. my body tells me when i need nourishment, but "hunger pangs" or an "empty stomach" is of course no longer

i do not like a "too full" feeling, or "stuffed." like when people say "i'm stuffed!" and loosen the pants. but i would say i enjoy food more now, because i can enjoy almost anything, it seems. when out with friends or family and people say "so, what do you feel like eating," nothing ever really comes to mind while others shriek and jump. whatever is chosen i am sure to enjoy, and it will satisfy me. some people scream "chicken" or "tacos" and this place or that place. but i just want FOOD, dammit!  

IMO

hollykim
on 2/8/15 6:38 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 8, 2015 at 6:12 AM Pacific Time, Nancy wrote:

I had a leak after my surgery 11 years ago.  I still don't like to eat a lot of food. I hate that really full feeling.  I have to push every few hours still some type of protein to keep my weight on.  I did not ever think that I would hate to eat all the time!  I use to love food prior to surgery.

I still like food and enjoy it. 

Kathy S.
on 2/9/15 3:17 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I still love to eat, but I too had leaks and issues after surgery. It took me some time to find the right amount of calories to stop the weight loss.  Didn't want to eat for the first 2.5 years.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Han Shot First
on 2/9/15 3:29 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I find it crazy that I have to actually think to eat when I get busy.  I used to never go more than 2-3 hours or so without eating.  Now, if I'm involved in something, I have to force myself to stop and eat.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

siberiancat
on 2/10/15 9:39 pm - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

I experience nausea after eating whole foods.  I've learned to live with it.  I have days where I only have liquid protein.  I am gluten and sugar intolerant.  Many raw veggies and some meats won't stay down.  I've chosen to not eat fast food, diet soda and limited processed food.

I'm 6 years post RNY and I don't always enjoy or look forward to eating.  But I've worked with dieticians to find ways to get in 80-100 grams of protein in a day.  I'm very satisfied with my life and my "gut" and "grouch pouch" sometimes dictate what or how much I eat.  I've chosen to be OK with that. 

I'm glad I had RNY and am happy that I'm able to stay at my goal weight.

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery