Restless Leg Syndrome

Pokemom
on 2/12/15 12:52 am
RNY on 12/29/14

I have had a lot of trouble with RLS for 35 years.  I just did not know what it was until about 2 years ago.  I agree with all the comments on iron.  My problem occurs not just during sleep time, but any time my body is fatigued.  I had a hysterectomy about 1.5 years ago, and that helped a lot, because I was losing more than usual amounts of blood--and iron--before that.

In addition to iron, I found that magnesium really really helps with RLS.  I prefer magnesium citrate caps by Nature's Way...you do not want to overdo these, because they have a laxative effect.  But they really help at bedtime!

abrannume
on 2/12/15 4:27 am - willingboro, NJ
RNY on 04/04/12

I don't know if this is RLS or not but I get pretty bad cramps in my legs and feet at night.  When I do, I wrap them with a heating pad and the pain goes away after a few minutes.  Again, not sure if it's the same but maybe it will help.

ChubbyHubby82
on 2/14/15 10:53 pm
VSG on 07/06/15

I thought that I would post an update. I saw my doc on Wednesday. My doc took me off of the Singulair and if my hives reappear we will explore a different med or inhaled steroid allergy med. On the bright side my RLS has calmed down greatly and increased my Mirapex to 0.375 mg. Wednesday night sleep was okay, Thursday was awful, Friday improved some, and last night I slept through the whole night. I jumped for joy when I woke up this morning.