Surgery made my toe fall off

luxurycouture
on 2/5/15 1:27 pm

just kidding, but I bet that made you click to read! 

So my surgery date is set for 2/17/15! I have been waiting 13 months for this, so it has been a long time coming! I will be starting my liquid diet tomorrow. Since I have gained nearly 20lbs since April, I hope I will take off some weight during the liquid diet. Yikes. I couldn't believe I gained that much!!

when my surgeon set the date, he was so nonchalant that it took me a minute to realize what was happening and a rush came over me once I realized that he told the secretary to schedule me for Feb 17. For the first time I got a bit nervous about the whole thing, but I'm ready! 

Life is what happens to you while you?re busy making other plans. ?John Lennon

nelchina
on 2/5/15 1:45 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

Congrats on your date.  It will be here in a flash.

HW 285 SW (11/21/14) 268 CW (10/09/15) 188

M1- 24| M2 -6| M3 - 9| M4 - 4| M5 -7 | M6 -7 | M7 -6 | M8 -5 | M9 -5 | M10 - 3

Jeffboutwell77
on 2/5/15 8:30 pm, edited 2/5/15 8:31 pm - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

Good luck with your surgery. The hardest part of it is the waiting to get there and you got that part destroyed and conquered. Now your gonna rock this thing with a new body that was made for you...Great things are coming your way... Oh and surgery did make my toe fall off when I looked in the mirror and there was this thin guy looking back at me as if he liked what he saw... I felt uncomfortable until I realized he was me...LOL

LIFE IS HARD, BUT GIVING UP HAS NO REWARDS!!!

Han Shot First
on 2/5/15 8:57 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

The liquid pre-op diet was the worst part.  But stick to it, and you'll definitely lose some weight.

Less than 2 weeks!  Good luck!

--

150 lost and maintaining!

thallnc
on 2/5/15 9:20 pm - NC
VSG on 02/18/15

Congrats on your date. I will be one day behind you on 2/18. I get to start my liquid diet on Sunday. Good luck with your surgery!!!

Height: 5'5" HW: 278.2; SW: 268.2; CW: 175.6

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/15 11:20 pm

very funny girl, I thought omg let me read this bc I don't want my toes falln off.  Good luck, I have my surg nxt thurs. wow it's coming so quick, at first I though omg that's a long time away when I found out 3 wks ago but here it is nxt thurs I don't know what to think, well, the best to both of us. I will let you know as soon as I get home what the deal is with the sleeve, will keep you posted. BOL

Butterfly56
on 2/5/15 11:21 pm - MA

You're right, it did!  lol  You've made a wonderful decision for yourself, though, and you won't be sorry.  You'll be so glad to have it all behind you instead of in front of you, and the journey is so worth it.  I never thought I'd reach my goal, ever, and I went 40 lbs. under it!  Best of luck to you, and please keep us posted!

Hugs,

Butterfly

Andy G
on 2/6/15 12:25 am - TX

I was really nervous....to the point that once I had the IV in ....and we were almost ready to go.....I was contemplating calling it off...... I CANT DO THIS...my mind was telling me..ITS GOING TO BE PAINFUL...My mind Said....I WONT BE ABLE TO EAT LIKE I DID>>>>my mind kept telling me..... the mind is a terrible thing sometimes......Probably the Food Side of my brain was Making a PLEA to the rest of my brain.....whats there is of it....

But what brought me peace, other than prayer,  I went to YOUTUBE.com before my surgery and stumbles upon this video....   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XEPAIGlJqw     If this doesnt make you cry...for JOY....it did me...... And I thought about this right at the time they came to wheel me off and I wanted to say NO.......This saved me......Watch it please

Cathy W.
on 2/6/15 12:32 am

Congratulations on your surgery date in only 11 days from today!

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Raze
on 2/6/15 6:48 am

lol