Getting fired for having WLS

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/5/15 2:15 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I would imagine a business would do similar if an employee was taking leave for another reason, such as maternity leave. Hiring someone on a temporary basis isn't terribly uncommon, especially in a situation where clients will be coming in frequently.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

helionoftroy
on 2/5/15 3:39 am - Lexington, SC
RNY on 03/23/15

He doe not plan to hire someone on a temporary basis. This therapist will be a full time independent contractor like me and the other therapist.

mia97478
on 2/5/15 2:29 am

If he does fire you, what makes you think it's because of the surgery? 

Dr. Colin MacColl, Springfield Oregon- pending surgery

helionoftroy
on 2/5/15 3:37 am - Lexington, SC
RNY on 03/23/15

It's because of the time out I have to take for the surgery.

Y D.
on 2/5/15 6:52 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

how much are you taking off?

helionoftroy
on 2/5/15 7:34 am - Lexington, SC
RNY on 03/23/15

I was told by my doctor 6 to 8 weeks because of the work I do. It could be more it could be less.

poet_kelly
on 2/5/15 10:02 am - OH

Most people don't need anywhere near that much time off.  Most take two to four weeks.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

helionoftroy
on 2/5/15 10:31 am - Lexington, SC
RNY on 03/23/15

Really? That would be a good question for another thread. How much time do most people take off from work?

Phyllispil
on 2/5/15 7:50 am - Charlotte, NC
RNY on 02/16/15

So sorry for this additional stress at your job.  It would be helpful to discuss your concerns with the owner.  You need to focus on you and your health.  My job was outsourced and I am taking this time for me.  It is hard but do your best to focus on time for you.  You deserve this!!  We are all here for you.