Question??

ABair
on 2/4/15 8:37 pm
VSG on 01/14/15

I had VSG surgery 3 weeks ago, and seems like I'm not losing quick enough.  I believe I lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks, go to the doctors today.  I think it should be more?  Is this about average?  How much is every body losing on average per week? 

I started back to work 12 days after surgery so last week I was really tired.  Did not get a lot of walking in since I was just exhausted when I got home.  Energy seems to be coming back.  Just joined a fitness center since walking here in the winter in the North East has been also a challenge.

Just looking for some information, or knowledge on amounts everyone is losing?

Thanks,

Lisa

Loser2542
on 2/4/15 9:15 pm

Lisa,

Everyone loses at different rates. Don't worry, if you follow the plan, you will lose the weight you need to lose. Don't forget that you just had surgery and your body is still recovering. You don't want to overdo it, and then suffer a setback. Just remember to keep hydrated, and get your protein in. I was tired for the first six weeks, so it just may take a while.

Monica

HW: 388 SW: 240 CW: 172      Surgery Date 11/07/2014     VSG with Dr. Chengelis

jax62_repeel
on 2/4/15 10:49 pm

My surgery was Jan 8, 2015 so I am barely hitting my four weeks.  I have lost 30 lbs. since my last weigh in.  I had a laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy.  I felt like you on the first 2-3 weeks and it was hard getting the energy but I found that pushing my self to get my walks in, even if it is around the house or to the store and back has helped me a lot!!  I still have a lot to learn and my date to eat solid foods is around the corner so don't give up.  Just stay hydrated and if all you can do is drink then do your protein.  Good luck and congratulations for making a lifestyle change in your life for a healthier and longer life.

hollykim
on 2/4/15 11:06 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 5, 2015 at 4:37 AM Pacific Time, ABair wrote:

I had VSG surgery 3 weeks ago, and seems like I'm not losing quick enough.  I believe I lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks, go to the doctors today.  I think it should be more?  Is this about average?  How much is every body losing on average per week? 

I started back to work 12 days after surgery so last week I was really tired.  Did not get a lot of walking in since I was just exhausted when I got home.  Energy seems to be coming back.  Just joined a fitness center since walking here in the winter in the North East has been also a challenge.

Just looking for some information, or knowledge on amounts everyone is losing?

Thanks,

Lisa

4 pounds a week is slow?

ABair
on 2/5/15 8:04 am
VSG on 01/14/15

Kim  I don't know whether it's slow or not?

Im guessing you think it's not?

Cathy W.
on 2/4/15 11:08 pm

Keep following your surgeon's recommendations and the weight will come off.  You are still recovering from your surgery so your body is healing.  

Don't compare your weight loss with anyone else.  Everyone loses at a different rate.  Stay on track and you will lose.

I suggest that you also post this on the VSG message board.

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!