Gastric Plication

PCDIVAH
on 2/3/15 2:02 pm

Hello Everyone I am researching Gastric Plication can anyone help me out on where do I begin? testimonials or where to get this surgery is greatly appreciated thanks

chris_ruff
on 2/4/15 3:22 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

the only things i've read about plication are negative and indicate that this procedure doesn't work long term. however this study shows some interesting results: "The percentage of EWL in this technique is comparable to other restrictive methods. The technique is safe with 1.6% complication (1% reoperated), and 31% regain during 12 years."

i don't think there's much research out there, so i would be wary. it's reminiscent of "stomach stapling" of yore, and that was a disaster for many people. 

--Christina
Hislady
on 2/4/15 9:49 am - Vancouver, WA

Just like the crap band was experimental when we first started getting them, this too is new and experimental. I don't know anything positive about it, it causes stomach necrosis (death) It is touted as being reversible but again like the lapband, it is not reversible, it is removable IF the stomach hasn't grown together or died off. This technique is really a horrible thing to do to your body because it can and has caused so much damage that the stomach can't be repaired in a normal manner and you end up with an oddly shaped sleeve type surgery that may or may not work the way you would want you stomach to work. I know of one woman who eventually lost her whole stomach due to this surgery so I wouldn't advise it for anyone!

Y D.
on 2/5/15 2:02 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

what is it that interests you about this surgery? I have not heard very positive things.