What is the cost of lapband and will wellcare insurance cover it?

Kperez_0009
on 2/4/15 1:40 pm

I'm. 34 years old 5'8 and 280 I would love to have the lapband procedure done. I'm currently on adipex but they dont help my eating. I carry my weight very well and I am active, but my weight goes up and down. I would live to lose anywhere from 80-100lbs. I've always been heavy so I don't want to lose to much weight. Any suggestions ?? And has anyone tried the cambogia (?) diet however you spell it lol

Cathy W.
on 2/4/15 11:10 pm

Call your insurance company to see if they cover WLS.  You'll need to check with bariatric surgeons as to their cost.

Make sure that you research all of the surgical procedures to be informed on each.

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 2/4/15 11:31 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

Just to let you know many surgeons now refuse to do the lapband because of it's failure rate and complication rate. Also you need to get fills often and many times insurance does not cover it and you need to pay out of pocket which can be very expensive. Please look at all the surgeries. As for your insurance you need to call them and ask what they cover.

Valerie G.
on 2/5/15 12:14 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Lapband complications were so common that there was once a board dedicated just to them.  If you're looking for restriction-only as an option, I highly recommend investigating the sleeve.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/5/15 2:13 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Every insurance company and specific plan is different. Call the customer service number on the back of your card or check your benefits book-- you can often find them online, or your HR department may be able to provide you with a copy.

Talk to a potential surgeon to find out the cost of surgery, since it varies greatly between cities, hospitals, and procedures. Mine gave rough ballpark figures for each at the informational seminar, so you should be able to get it over the phone.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!