Conflicted with sharing WLS

PrayMore
on 2/6/15 9:18 am

I have this same issue! I didn't tell people before surgery because, quite frankly, people have so much to say about it! I got tired of that. Now that people are noticing my weight loss, I do them if I feel OK about them knowing. It's not something I feel the need to hide! However, I must have been telling too many people because one of my kids' teachers asked me. I told her I had WLS and gave a few details. After, she said, "You know you don't have to tell people that." I thought maybe I over-shared! LOL! So, I take it on a case-by-case basis. That seems to be working so far. I'm sure the other mothers at our school are buzzing about it, but hey, let them talk! 

And I loved the comment from another poster who said they reveal it if they think it is helpful/useful info for the other person. I find myself doing that, too. 

Don't feel bad at all - you owe no one any information about your own health! It's as private as you choose to keep it!

Congratulations on your weight loss!

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

losing_the_band
on 2/7/15 7:06 am
Revision on 08/27/15

After 8 years of being banded, and having been through 1 rebanding procedure and currently trying to revise to RNY or VSG, I've finally realized that someone asking a question doesn't entitle them to know the truth.  Somehow, the idea of someone having the right to personal privacy has been lost in this society of Facebook and Twitter.  If there is any time we have the right to a white lie, it's when someone is asking invasive questions about our medical procedures.  I don't buy the folks that say, "Oh, I'm not going to tell a lie!"  Bull you-know-what.  Everyone lies about something.  You're not going to hell for not telling some Nosy Nelly information that they have no right to have.  

Lap-Band 2007

Lap-Band Replaced 2011

APPROVED for revision to RNY! Awaiting surgery date!

lburrell
on 2/8/15 10:08 am

Thank you Losing. Best of luck in your pursuit of a revision. :)

RNY 7/28/14 - HW 312 (1/9/14) - SW 263. CW 164 (3/28/15)