Does anyone remember me

JuniperLane
on 2/4/15 11:16 am

Andy, VERY VERY COOL!  I had my surgery on June 2, 2014  (291...  currently 186 and counting down:)   I am so happy for you.  What do you like the most?

Juniper

Surgery Date: 6/2/2014     Highest: 333     Pre-Op Diet:  305    Surgery Day:    291     Current:  255     

Andy G
on 2/4/15 11:30 pm - TX

Well its kind of funny you ask what I like the most...... I like being able to do things without just being exhausted, tying my shoes smak dab in the middle of the shoe instead of on the left side or right side of each shoe....... I like sitting on the couch and not grabbing a pillow to cover up my stomach........ I like ordering a big meal at a resturant and taking most of it home to eat on for the next week..... I love the comments.....well the good comments......

Its funny..... kind of hurtful,,,,, seems like the same people that made fun of you for being fat,,,, make fun of you for being skinny... I had a guy that all ways called me Sasquatch......they other day he told me to eat something I look like I escaped from a Concentration camp.  So.......some people are and will always be Idiots.  

But its funny how you are treated. Some of the places I go, stores, resturants etc... now treat me different.... they talk to me, ask me if I need help.....

BUT MOST OF ALL.......I like walking into a store (and not big and tall) and buying a Large off the rack and not have to pay $2.00 extra for being an EXTENDED size.....

Ok tell me this...From XS-XL is quite a big difference in material.........There is no extra cost for those.....?????

Willie H.
on 2/5/15 2:37 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Hey, as Taylor Swift says "haters gonna hate, hate, hate" I think sometimes people are uncomfortable seeing us doing something about our lives even though they do not face the same problem.

I can relate to tying shoes on the sides and keeping a pillow for my stomach!!! I'm still in a 2X so I have to still pay the extra $2.00 for shirts  but at least I am able to buy and wear pants off the rack that they sell in the store. I was at 347 lbs and had surgery 8/26/14. You're only two months ahead of me but you've lost a lot weight-double what I've lost-and really fast! Good for you bro.You seem to really be working the program well. We can use your experience-any suggestions? 

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Andy G
on 2/5/15 11:02 pm - TX

Hey Willie.... thanks for the reply...... I tell you I dont know how all this works...if I reply to you does everyone who is on the thread see it?   Anyway here goes....

The kicker and it started me from losing about a pound every other day to losing 2 lbs a day...... Shaun Ts T25 program.   Yep I said it and I think everyone can do it.  I started as soon as my wounds started not being sore..... The first week of the workout everything was sore haha.  But Im not going to lie you are going to work up a sweat, but it works.  ITS ONLY 25 Minutes...over in a snap...... My wife and I would do it as soon as we got home from work, and she hates working out, but she would go in the house and get changed then off to the shop, where I have the big screen and cement floor, to work out.  There is a modifier, meaning another person doing an alternative to what Shaun T is doing.  I tell you I could stay up with that person and then by week 3 was doing more than them but not as much as SHaun,  My wife who is not big.....saw big results...... we not only tightened but lost.  I did however go to Academy and buy one of those Slimming belts just to keep my belly from flopping..... it worked and probable sweated off some lbs there too.    But Im telling you,,, anyone can do it and just dont stop moving.   I have been in a wheel chair for the past 2 months from an accident, but as soon as IM able, I will start back at day 1.     

I looked on ebay and craigslist and found the Alpha, Beta and Gama Version for $85.00 which is about $50.00 savings over the TVs Alpha and Beta only.   If you cant find it cheap, I will send you the link where I got it.....

Im not a salesman for T25, but I could be.....because I went from 1 lb every other day ...to 2 lbs a day.......

And Yes I have lose allot of weight..... I eat Quest bars for  breakfast... if you cant find them let me know......Usually for breakfast, Then I usually have a  couple pieces of beef Jerkey (Old Trapper Teryaki) for a snack about 10am, then for Lunch I do the Oscar Mayer P3 packs which are over by the lunchmeat.  Its 14g of Protien and you get mean, cheese and nuts..... 2:30 a couple more pieces of beef jerkey , then dinner whatever that end up being.  In the meantime I get down 4 to 5 bottles of water between 8am and 5pm........

Willie...go to the Beachbody website,,,, watch the videos, then try it,,,,,They have a refund program......but we have tried P90X, Assylum and allot of the other things we just gave up on first thing.   This is doable for anyone......there is even a woman in a wheelchair doing it  they show her before and afters........you will be sore, but dont give up......like he says..EVERYONE HAS 25 MINUTES.....

Willie H.
on 2/6/15 12:46 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Hey Thanks. Yes everyone can see thsi messge although you are able to send messages privately but I think what you have to say is beneficial to everyone so it is good this is a public forum. I'm going to look up the program. I do go the gym-cardio and resistant training-but obviously I'm not working out as hard as I should be. I usually eat Premiere Protein bars but I will try the Quest. I'm just coming back from an injury-strained my ribs, but I'm going to the DR today to get the OK to resume woring out again. P3 Packs? Never heard of it but I'll look into it. Hey, your results say it all. That is a LOT of weight in 7 months. I want to lose at least 20lbs more by April 15 and I think it is doable. Thank you. I'll look into it and let you know how I made out. Will probably write you later if I cannot find the Quest bars, P3 Pack and/or  Shaun Ts T25 program. Thanks again!!! Keep on keeping on!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

KattattaK
on 2/5/15 9:57 am

Congratulations Andy!!!

Andy G
on 2/6/15 1:13 am - TX

Hey Willie go to http://www.questnutrition.com

I usually buy mine at Vitamin Shoppe, they sometimes have a deal where you can mix up to 12 kinds and pay the cheaper case price.  I love love the Chocolate Chip cookie dough, white chocolate Rasberry, strawberry Cheesecake, Double Chocolate Chunk, Oreo Cookie, AND OMG if you love Apple Pie, You will Love the apple pie,,,, tastes like Grandmas apple pie...... Also Cinnamon Roll, Banana Nut Bread, and allot more......they just came out with Smores....havent tried it yet...

Oh and guess what,,,, take any of them, break them or cut them in half, roll them in a ball and put on parchment paper, bake them 7-8 minutes at (mine is a toaster oven) 375,,,,,,, and you have 2 delicious cookies...the cheesecake one i put a dab of sugar free Strawberry jam... Ooh my my......Thank you Jesus thats good,,

Look on Youtube.com  Baking with Quest Bars or even Cooking with Quest bars

Try this one.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qWJApx-9nI  then follow the links from it...... I just love these things.....

Hey willie on your Protien bars,,,,I have Tried some and they were made with Sorbitol and Malitol....which are sweeteners, but also Natural laxatives,,,,, this one uses Erythritol, which is a natural sweetener without the Side effects, and they are a net 3 and 4 carbs and only 1 sugar..... apple pie has I think 3 sugars....but OMG its worth it.....