Weigh****chers with Weight loss surgery

ghafsue
on 2/3/15 11:36 am

I was put on some medication and I gained back 25-30 pounds and now I'm struggling to get it off.  Has anyone done weigh****chers point system with the surgery?  In order to get all you points in did/do you eat more often seeing how we can only eat a little at a time?  Thanks for any help.

White Dove
on 2/3/15 9:17 pm, edited 2/3/15 9:25 pm - Warren, OH

I did Weigh****chers for a while for the meetings and weigh-in accountability, but the points system does not work well for me with RNY.  I can't eat all that fruit.  What I follow is If It Fits Your Macros which gives me the proper amount of protein, fats, fiber, and carbs for my surgery.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Valerie G.
on 2/3/15 10:06 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

The points system may be heavier in carbs than you should have.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

JB1114
on 2/3/15 10:58 pm - Grain Valley, MO

I've tried WWs recently online.  Keeping your carbs down seems to allow more food.  The Simply Filling plan looks like to me it pretty low carb except it allows for potatoes and a low carb diet doesn't.  I really like some of the Atkins bars and they are high in points.  For me, following a high protein, low carb plan works best. 

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Cathy W.
on 2/3/15 11:55 pm

Weigh****chers points don't translate really well for me/RNY.  Fruits are "free" and some of the other point foods I avoid.  I eat dense lean proteins, vegetables and complex carbs (in moderation) and that works best for weight loss/maintenance and to stay on track.  

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Zee Starrlite
on 2/4/15 12:30 am, edited 2/4/15 12:32 am

I love WW - well my groups and meetings!  The support is great.  The thing is you have to be wise and eat like you were taught as a WLS patient - that does not change!  You can incorporate Protein First, Vegetables 2nd . . .   and if you feel like your really need complex carbs last. Drink your water, move your body, Journal your food.  Accountability means so much.

Like remember what works for you.  Fruits are free of WW points,  but you know that it does not mean you should stuff your face eating a bunch of bananas, mangos, grapes, starchy vegetables or whatever.  You know what works for your body.  YOU know what does NOT work.  You have to work with the body you have, the system you have.

Some of us can't eat simple carbs and sugar - the chemical reaction slides us into a "want more" pattern.  Some of us crave food like a junkie craves drugs.  Again you know what works for you.  You develop your best plan.

Good luck.  Whatever you do will work - Just do it!~

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/15 1:18 am

I'm sorry you gained weight due to medication issues, some people hear don't get that, I do, ww is a good program but it is a lot of food. You might want to go to a free meeting just to see what it's all about. Best wishes. I gained wt due to meds also so I totally understand where you are coming from