I'm going to be alone forever

Dakinbar Yes
on 1/3/15 11:05 am
VSG on 05/07/14

Aww thanks! I actually couch surfed in Marina Del Ray when I was flying back to NZ from Europe. It's such an awesome way of travelling and meeting amazing people. I really liked it. I've hosted couch surfers too in the past. Now that I've got a kid it's not really happened again, just in terms of not having enough time with looking after her and working full time. It's fallen down on the priority list.

I never thought I wanted to travel the States, but after spending a week in LA my idea of what it was like there completely changed. People were so open minded, laid back, welcoming and everything was SO cheap!! And that was all pre sleeve, so I really got amongst the Ben & Jerry's hehe.

I'm not an American citizen so I'd never be able to move there, but that's okay, as I really really love Australia :) I'm originally from NZ but both countries have open access to move between.

Do you get much annual? You could save it up for a bit and do some travel? It's so worth it!

HW 309lb  CW 186 1/9/2015  GW 136     31yr old Female, 5ft3

KattattaK
on 1/3/15 11:47 am

Oh yes!!! I was born to travel just haven't had much time recently. I was bitten by the travel bug for 3 years from 2005-2008. I started with Hawaii (Maui and Honolulu). Then I decided to go to London. THEN I decided to go to Paris. THEN I decided to go to Valenica. THEN I decided to go to Milan. THEN Madrid. THEN Barcelona. I became an addict. I felt so good when I traveled and met new people. I can't wait to travel again. A friend of mine has been discussing an interest in visiting Ireland and Scotland. Not sure if I will be able to make it, but sure would be nice!!! One of my dream vacations would be to travel to the land down under, but that loooong flight terrifies me!! Lol. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/3/15 11:16 am

Never say never or ever...

I am some what you describe plus opinionated, funny, have strong will, successful...(no child)..

And when i was 49 i met this great guy...funny and smart and successful, and..totally right for me. He is my best friend, my lover...he let me be me, does not try to control me, yet would not let me walk all over him.

We have been together 4 years...and we are moving in together... 

If you want to be single - you will...but if you one day decide to find your mate - and really have eyes and heart open for that special person - you may allow him to find you. 

I met some wrong for me people during my search...but never allowed myself to settle...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kate -True Brit
on 1/3/15 8:44 pm, edited 1/3/15 8:46 pm - UK

All sounds good to me. And many people much prefer not having a relationship. But should you change your mind, none of the things you describe are automatic barriers.

i am considered by my friends to be eccentric and have always been the one to do crazy things; hitch-hiking through Europe, turning down a place at university to go off to live in Paris at 17, then to London on my own. I was very much part of the 1970s "scene". I am argumentative, people tell me I am bossy (I disagree). At the age of 19, I took on a job in a "man's" workplace and out-performed the men. I marched for women's' rights, demonstrated against the Vietnam war, spent time at Greenham Common, the UK's most famous US nuclear base in the 1970s. My last march was against the Iraq war.

I have been married for 42 years to the same man. We are both eccentric, strong-minded etc etc. we argue and disagree! We are both still independent thinkers. We accept each other's beliefs, behaviours, choices. We don't want or expect to change each orher. OK so sometimes we have to compromise! 

For me, and this is for ME, being together has added to my life. We left London to try to be self-sufficient hippy-style (1970s), we brought up 3 children to be strong-minded, independent and with what I see as strong moral/ethical values. Now in our mid-60s, we don't see ourselves as in any way unconventional but friends and family think we are mad to leave our lovely family home for a wildly inconvenient 16th century cottage in mid-Wales, they think we are insane to pack our backpacks and head off to travel across Asia by local buses and trains.

So being single can be the right way. And can be a wonderful life! But don't rule out finding someone with whom you can find the things you are looking for IF that is right for you!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Valerie G.
on 1/3/15 11:13 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Being happy with yourself is key to your innner happiness.  Once you can be successful at that, bringing love to the table is that much sweeter...but not at all necessary either. 

I applaud your strong sense of self and see nothing wrong with being highly selecive (I'll shop for hours for shoes, and they only go on my feet).  Maybe Mr.Right will come, but it won't be a tragedy if he doesn't.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Gwen M.
on 1/4/15 12:35 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Aside from the parent part, you and I are fairly similar, and I've got two amazing partners.  Being single is great too, but just don't fool yourself into thinking that, in this wide world of people, there isn't a single one out there that would mesh with you :)  That's just too improbable - none of us are that unique!  

(And from my personal experience, the best people come along when we're not looking for them.)  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/15 9:57 am

For me, I met my husband when I least expected to or wanted to. I was single for the first time in my adult life and actually enjoying the solitude. I loved going where I wanted, not checking in with anyone, eating whatever I wanted, kissing whoever I wanted. I loved the selfish aspects of singlehood and sometimes I miss it.

I was hugely overweight and self conscious, but finally had my dream job and dream house. I went to another couple's engagement party and there he was! The same party I had been dreading and planned to stay at for only 1/2 an hour.

He's 30 years older, conservative, celebrates a different faith tradition, and lived in California. We got married 14 weeks after we met. 2.5 years later and we are very happy :) Our differences keep things interesting and have opened my eyes to a life I never, ever thought was possible.

Dakinbar Yes
on 1/4/15 11:16 am
VSG on 05/07/14

Thank you all for your considered replies :)

What I am taking away from this is, enjoy life, enjoy the ride, and while I'm doing that maybe I'll meet someone someday who floats my boat, and maybe I wont. It's not the end of the world for me if I don't so I'm pretty happy with that.

HW 309lb  CW 186 1/9/2015  GW 136     31yr old Female, 5ft3

Tracy D.
on 1/5/15 3:23 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You are only 31 - there's no way you can know at this point in life that you will be "alone forever".   I met my husband when we were both 41 years old, on a blind date no less.  Neither of us was looking for a "relationship"....but 12 years later, here we are!  

I'll tell you something too:  I didn't even dress up for our first date because I was so sure that he wouldn't like me at all.  I was a penniless college student, working part-time and I outweighed him by a good 20 lbs. at the time.  Who knew it would be instant like and long-term love 

You never know what life is going to put in your path.  Stay open...

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Kathy S.
on 1/5/15 5:40 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I agree with what everyone has to say.  I just wanted to add, its better to be single and happy instead being with someone that makes you dread getting up everyday. Regret, kills!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130