So Bummed! I gained

Cheriebabie
on 1/4/15 1:42 am

Thanks I think I will feel a bit better once I can actually meet with my surgeon for the 2 week check up following surgery which will now be more like 6 weeks by the time I get in to see him.  Also the support groups will be meeting again starting 1/14/15 so I've just been floating on my own.  

VSG surgery date (12/08/14) 5'3" Female age 55 - 255 (HW) 247 (start wt) 234 (PreOp) 186 (CW) 

Maureen H.
on 1/4/15 5:37 am
VSG on 10/30/14

Don't stress. I thought the same thing like 2-3 weeks out and then I realized my scale wasn't right. I've had moments were I've stalled a bit. Also, make sure you are weighing yourself at the same time everyday. My surgeon said it was important due to water retention fluccuating at different times of the day.

Tracy D.
on 1/5/15 3:26 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Any time you increase your exercise intensity your body is going to react by hanging on to a lot more water.  A half gallon of water weighs 4 lbs!  There is a huge difference between water weight and fat weight.  You are seeing a water weight gain. 

You will not continue to lose a pound a day so if getting on the scale and seeing a fluctuation is going to freak you out then you need to stay off the scale.  (Stress can cause you to retain water too).  And understand that the scale is the LEAST accurate way to measure your progress on this journey.  

My best suggestion:  relax and weigh once a week.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15