Two weeks post op! Need advice fast! Major complicated revision from VBG to RNY.

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/15 6:35 pm

Please help. Can gall bladder give out this fast? No prior testing was done. No in freaken...severe pain! I wanna kick myself. Two weeks post op. Sent family home after 8 days because I was doing pretty good but now I cant gets enough fluids. Not eating. Pills still get stuck. So discouraged. No one home but me. I know I am dehydrated. 

Raze
on 1/2/15 6:53 pm

if you are having a medical emergency PLEASE go immediately to the nearest hospital OR call the EMT's! are you OK?! 

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/15 6:56 pm

Ill have to call an ambulance or drive. Thanks for your concern! I will check back.

Raze
on 1/2/15 7:04 pm, edited 1/2/15 7:05 pm

thank you, yes. its the "severe pain" part which is concerning, and the fact you are guessing at what you are experiencing. it is difficult to gauge what is going on by a post on the internet, most likely even for a medical professional which i am not, nor most others here

i was always told if experiencing unusual surgery related pain or other potentially related complications do not hesitate one bit to go to an ER or call an ambulance. so that would have to be my first and only suggestion. hope all is well with you!

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/3/15 12:18 am

You can call a friend or ask a neighbor to drive you. Or call a taxi.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lynnc99
on 1/2/15 7:17 pm

DEFINITELY get some medical attention! 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/2/15 11:43 pm - OH

You definitely need to see a medical professional ASAP. AT just two weeks postop, the pain you're experiencing could be any number of things, and putting off medical attention could have major repercussions. 

Seek help.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

mom2nuts
on 1/4/15 12:37 am

Hi.  I am pretty sure we had our surgeries on the dame date--12/18.  I wanted to check in with you--how are you feeling?  

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/15 6:09 am

Update. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Turns out I am allergic (reaction was inflammation) to an ingredient in my soup and I'm dehydrated. I just have a lot of inflammation. ER gave me IV fluids and some pain meds. I had a CAT scan. The results were my left lung not expanding enough and inflammation. I am struggling with getting enough water in. Today I have been lounging around the house in PJ's and drinking water. I did the usual a little housework. Laundry, dishes and vacuuming. Just a lazy Sunday. Hugs to all!

mom2nuts
on 1/4/15 7:56 am

So glad you are feeling better.