Are you battling regain? This post is for you....

Kathy S.
on 1/2/15 2:25 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Fellow Members,  

Has it been awhile since your surgery date.  Has stress in your life made you turn to old bad habits.  Are you beating yourself up saying "how did I let this happen"?    

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!  

My husband has health issues and it's made me focus all on him and I stopped doing all the things that contributed to me losing over 200 pounds and hitting below goal.  I stopped logging, I stopped taking the time to make healthy choices, I stopped going to the gym, I even stopped moving. It has resulted in regain.

I really, really had this under control for years.  Just before Christmas when my jeans were getting tight "again" and the scale hit an all time high, I cried and then I got MAD!   I went back to the basics and have lost 18 pounds.  

I would love to have you join me in getting back on track. Let's post daily about what worked for us, what didn't, vent, share foods, anything to help each other get back on track and back to goal.  

I will be posting this on the group Back On Track Together  if you want a more private place to talk and share.   Looking forward to us getting focused again, hitting goal again and showing newbies, if you do fall from grace you can get back on track and be a success!  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

tusun50374
on 1/2/15 5:38 am

Gaining the weight back (350LBs) is one of the scariest things I've ever faced. I've gained from my lowest point of 148 up to 164.  The problem is I'm eating like a newborn. I actually feel ravenous after 2 hours of eating a meal or snack. I stopped reading labels and not practicing portion control. I've always been a carb lover and that has got to change. I need to get physically active again and find things to keep me busy.... When I am busy with home and garden projects, I don't even think about food.   In spite of my fears about the weight, I know that I am not mentally motivated right now, so I am joining weigh****chers.  Please pray for me!

Kathy S.
on 1/2/15 6:01 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi tusun50374,

I too had an issue with carbs and sugar. It was hard but I took it one step at a time.  I got rid of all the junk and upped my protein.  Yes, I had those carb, sugar withdrawals and headaches but when they hit I got busy. I went for a walk, knitting, put some music on and move.  Go back to logging too. That really helped me.

I hope to see you here often, we can help each other

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

tusun50374
on 1/2/15 7:59 am

Thank you.