Knee Replacement Surgery

56sunShine14
on 1/2/15 11:59 pm

I promise this is all I will say on this post since I have already responded twice.  This is for all the folks who may think "I don't need physical therapy after TKR".

I know a lady who had her knee replaced after I did.  She had been asking me questions about it every time she saw me.  I emphatically told her "do NOT refuse physical therapy!!"  And she did just that, bragging all the way. She ended up going back in and the surgeon had to re-open the knee, manually loosen and flex the prosthetic and she was back to square one but it hurt more.  Still, no PT.  She told everyone she knew that it was the surgeons fault, bad surgery.  It wasn't long after she tried riding her horse and living life, she went to anther surgeon and had the prosthetic replaced, still blaming the first surgeon.  I haven't heard another word from her but saw her recently in a store.  She limps in pain now.  You MUST do physical therapy after TKR.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Cathy W.
on 1/4/15 3:30 am

I can't imagine someone going through with a total knee replacement and refusing PT!  That is ridiculous. 

Thank you for all of the information and support you've given to me. 

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!