Not feeling any different.....

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/15 11:55 pm

Well thank you (i think) for that little slap in the face…I have gotten it together. I had one little set back by having the soup 5days out but that was it. Today is day 8 and according to Dr.Pohls diet plan I can now start to introduce yogurts,cottage cheese,scrambled eggs AND creamed/pureeed soups. I will take it extremely slow as the hunger has somewhat subsided and that makes it a little easier to make better choices. I'm sorry for the loss of your friends and wish you luck on your upcoming surgery. Anytime I feel like I'm falling off the wagon I will be sure to look you up for another awe inspiring wake up call! (meaning no disrespect) Thanks again 

Sweetish
on 1/2/15 4:53 am
RNY on 12/12/14

I would measure everything if I were you.  I thought the same thing when I got home after RNY. 

For the first week-I thought-wow, I can drink a whole protein drink no problem.  Now it takes me almost 30 minutes to drink.  I am three weeks out.  Like the other members stated, your nerves have been cut.

You don't want to hurt yourself by putting too much in you.  Give it time, I bet in a week or so, you will feel differently.

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/15 5:12 am

I hope so...this feeling is so frustrating. When did you start to eat food and what did you eat? I'm starving all the time! 😩

LISER617
on 1/2/15 5:28 am - MA
RNY on 08/01/14

I also had Dr Pohl and he gives very specific post op instructions. This week should have been protein shakes only with additional fluids. Why would you even attempt to have creamed soup. I know for a fact it is not on your plan. This surgery is a tool. Its not a magical fix. You need to get it together. Get back on track and follow your plan. You could have serious medical issues if you are eating too much of the wrong things so early out.

I dont mean to sound harsh but I know what Dr Pohl makes you do preop. All kinds of testing and clearances, nut appts, preop diet etc..... why would you go through all that and then jeopordize it all within a week?!

Lisa (38) my goal is 160 lbs.... my dream is happy and healthy

Tamm W.
on 1/2/15 12:07 pm