Will this be your first New Year's Eve since WLS?

Kathy S.
on 12/30/14 1:27 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hey Everyone,  

Happy New Year!  Will this be your first New Year's Eve celebration since your WLS?  Are you going out and taking pride in buying a little black dress?  Are you planning to party or stay at home and enjoy a nice quite evening?

My first New Year's Eve after losing my weight was special. I never when out, I was too fat and would sweat at the site of a room full of skinny's. I remember like it was yesterday. I went out and visited stores I never knew existed, tried on several dresses as I started out to large.  Ended up with a simple black dress in size 4.  I loved to dance but had not done so since I was in high school. We went to a nice hotel and I can't tell you how it felt to walk in the room and for the first time in my life I was not the "largest" person in the room. Yes, at 330 pounds I was always the largest in the room. It was a magically night, but more importantly I felt such pride in my success.

My husband's health has declined greatly since that night so we spend quite nights at home but I still toast my success and my WLS.

What are you doing New Year's Eve?

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 12/30/14 2:23 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Yes this is my first New Years Eve since wls. So much has changed over the past few months. Last year at this time I had went to a seminar for wls & started to actively pursue it. I went thru all the insurance hoops & emotional ups & downs then finally had wls at the end of April, so I'm still a newbie.

As to your question, I'm working, specifically New Years Eve day watch on ot & I'm back on my regular shift & working days on New Years Day. Gotta pay off those bills! So maybe I'll watch the ball drop, but more likely I'll be sleeping, then wake up to fireworks.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Kathy S.
on 12/30/14 3:16 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Sounds like a plan, and you will be doing it wearing a big smile, feeling of success and looking good

LEOKAT
on 12/30/14 4:11 am

Reading your post and all the responses really put a smile on my face.  I'm not at goal but had surgery in August and already a very big difference in my size, all new clothes, and working on the shaping and toning.  Its nice to read others going thru the same feeling of being able to shop in the non plus size...I haven't done that since I was 18, and wow what a great feeling.  This years new years just some friends at home maybe movies, next year hoping for that sexy dress!  Thanks for the positive read! 

Kathy S.
on 12/30/14 9:41 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

We look forward to a photo of you wearing the sexy dress!  Congratulations on your surgery and the great job you are doing! Look out 2015 here comes LEOKAT