Teenager gastric sleeve

ANXIOUS1
on 1/1/15 12:01 am - WESTERVILLE, OH

Does anyone know of a chat room a 16 year old could join?     So she can relate to teenagers going through this.

Eggface
on 1/1/15 1:22 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

I don't specifically but I wanted to share that I have known 2 teens personally that have had weight loss surgery and done amazing well. Maria Ciprigno had surgery at 14 and is a childhood obesity advocate for the Obesity Action Coalition... she would be a great one to touch base with. She was featured on this month's OAC blog: http://www.obesityaction.org/the-power-of-the-oac-voice-beca use-of-you maybe leave a comment in the comment section with your email. 

and Kylie Hahn (she was a member here lipglossletdown) and she had surgery at 16. She is married and a mom now. I don't think she is active on the boards anymore but she had her story featured on NBC in the San Jose area. 

Both had great experiences.

Best wishes to your teen. 

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

hollykim
on 1/2/15 2:09 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 1, 2015 at 8:01 AM Pacific Time, ANXIOUS1 wrote:

Does anyone know of a chat room a 16 year old could join?     So she can relate to teenagers going through this.

are you sure she wants a chat room to relate to. Other teens going thru this? Is she having WLS?

as in many things with teenagers,we can't want it for them more than they want it for themselves.