i cant stop snacking!!!

MsVThin
on 12/31/14 6:26 am - Hesperia, CA

I feel the same way, don't beat yourself up.  I come back here to the site when I start to relapse.  I've been doing this more recently over the holidays, kind of difficult not to with more people and food around than usual.  My plan is to go back to only protein and one small meal a day for a few days.  that usually helps me.

Mary Gee
on 12/31/14 6:31 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Strangling my SO would help me solve the problem.  (Just kidding.).   But he is constantly pushing the food.  "It's the holidays, you deserve a treat.". I get so angry at myself.   Ggggrrrrrrrr!  

No more excuses allowed - we've got to get a grip on things.  Sit down and write tomorrow's menu, and we'll stick to our plans.  No eating between meals - and drink liquids;  no snacks!

Let's start things off right for 2015, and reach our goals

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

STB
on 1/6/15 10:49 am
RNY on 07/21/14

Don't get mad at yourself! get mad at him!!   Seriously - have a talk with him and let him know that is not helpful and you need your support.

SHARON  

Raze
on 12/31/14 6:34 am, edited 12/31/14 6:35 am

its hard to know what to say without knowing your current weight, weight loss goal, surgery type, etc. i know i had the same concerns at around 300 pounds after losing 160 pounds. i thought "did i have wls to still qualify for wls?" because after all healed up, speaking for myself, i found i could eat more food. especially dry "snacky" foods. and i did other things which speaking for myself did not benefit me, such as getting a scale and playing the "numbers game." but hey, thats who i was so i had to take a cold, hard look at myself and change a few things, not just how much i was eating

1200 calories a day sounds ok, but i am no expert and your "profile" is set to private so not much info to go on. 100lb weight loss sounds terrific, too.  only other thing i can offer is if you have a "problem with food" go beyond wls in your search for help with it. "physical, emotional, mental"....and maybe even a little spiritual if so inclined. good luck :) 

poet_kelly
on 12/31/14 7:15 am - OH

I recommend calling a therapist first thing Friday to make an appointment.  If you want to die because you are getting 1200 to 1400 calories a day, that's pretty serious.  If you are suicidal right now, go to the ER for help.

A therapist can help you get back in control and also help you deal with those feelings.

Also, how about getting the snack food and cookies and stuff out of the house?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

STB
on 12/31/14 7:28 am
RNY on 07/21/14

I agree with what others have posted. I think three meals, protein firs****er and exercise. If you HAVE to snack have veggies cut up and ready to grab or an extra protein shake - the good foods - not the cookies and pretzels and carbs.

SHARON  

STB
on 12/31/14 7:29 am
RNY on 07/21/14

mean****ER

SHARON  

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 12/31/14 9:09 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

1200-1400 calories is a bit much for losing weight & looks more like maintenance numbers. It's the holidays, it's a trying time to stay on plan, but you recognize the problem & it'll end when you take control. 

Get back to basics & put protein first, get your water in, veggies,etc, but what is triggering you to eat more? Sure you track your food but do you track your feelings? Is stress leading you to emotional eating? Perhaps you need a therapist? You had cookies at lunch, why?, was it the situation?, is the carb monster out of its cage? 

Try looking into the reasons why you're overeating & find ways to deal with it. Too often we're so concentrated on the physical aspects of losing weight that we forget the emotional problems that led to the weight gain, tackling this will make it easier to get back on track. Good luck to you, hope you find the answers.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

MegZorar
on 12/31/14 10:25 am

When you do snack, consider foods that will give you the most bang for your buck. Instead of a few high-calorie nuts, try a giant Yasso frozen Greek yogurt bar. They're truly huge and satisfying (I can barely eat one). They're 80-100 calories for 6-8g of protein and very little carbs.

hollykim
on 12/31/14 11:05 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 31, 2014 at 6:25 PM Pacific Time, MegZorar wrote:

When you do snack, consider foods that will give you the most bang for your buck. Instead of a few high-calorie nuts, try a giant Yasso frozen Greek yogurt bar. They're truly huge and satisfying (I can barely eat one). They're 80-100 calories for 6-8g of protein and very little carbs.

are you aware there is 17 gms of carb in one and 13 of those are pure sugar? For only 6 gms of protein?