i cant stop snacking!!!

NorthernHusky
on 12/31/14 5:37 am

I feel awful! I was blessed with this wonderful tool, and I cant stop cheating on my diet plan! I know its the holidays, and I lost 100 lbs in 6ish months, but when will this end?!?

has anyone else felt like they are losing or have lost control?

I cant gain this weight back,

im still tracking my food, and am getting in my protein, but im racking up tp 1200-1400 calories a day... I wanna die!

I cant stop.. I did good all week, but today I had cookies at lunch :(

BIG FAT FAILURE!

STB
on 12/31/14 5:44 am
RNY on 07/21/14
You are not a "big fat failure". Negative self talk will just continue the problem. I live alone so I don't stuff in the house I shouldn't eat usually. If I do buy something I usually find the resolve to crumble it up and put it in the trash. I have found having single servings ready to grab helpful. Sometimes it's sugar free pudding or a protein bar or a cup of sugar free applesauce. Celebrate your week that you did good. Today was a bump in the road and you can get back on track right now. Dump all that unwanted food. Hang in there!!

SHARON  

NorthernHusky
on 12/31/14 5:54 am

Thanks for the advice, I work in mental health so I know how I should enjoy the small victories and such, but omg.. I don't know how to over come this.

should I cut my calories to 1000? Do the 5 day pouch test? go back to liquids? I don't know.

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 12/31/14 6:43 am
VSG on 01/11/16

I think 1000 calories is closer to a maintenance number .. are you wanting to enter maintenance?

To lose, calories should be between 600-800, I don't think there is a need to go back to liquids and I don't think the 5 day pouch test does much of anything

Eat 3 meals a day, no snacking or grazing.. eating protein first. 

Measure out and log everything you eat. 

I know it's easier said than done, you can do it :) 

poet_kelly
on 12/31/14 7:19 am - OH

My surgeon's plan allowed way more than 600 calories!  I ate about 800 calories for six months, then more like 1000, and after a year, about 1200.  And I still lost weight for 18 months.  Does your surgeon's plan really recommend no more than 800 calories until you're done losing? 

And I've been in maintenance for several years now and I eat a lot more than 1000 calories - if I kept my calories that low, I'd be underweight, I think.  I am maintaining at a normal BMI on about 1500 calories a day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kate -True Brit
on 12/31/14 4:16 pm - UK
On December 31, 2014 at 2:43 PM Pacific Time, lxl_Miz_lxl wrote:

I think 1000 calories is closer to a maintenance number .. are you wanting to enter maintenance?

To lose, calories should be between 600-800, I don't think there is a need to go back to liquids and I don't think the 5 day pouch test does much of anything

Eat 3 meals a day, no snacking or grazing.. eating protein first. 

Measure out and log everything you eat. 

I know it's easier said than done, you can do it :) 

This may well be right for you but many " safely" eat much more. My doctor and nutritionist were very definite I shouid never go under 1100 in order to lose. I lost all my excess weight on that and maintain at about 1500, despite being in my 60s and not exercising much. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/31/14 10:18 pm

O please....1000 is a maintenance? For whom? Based on what study ? You don't know that person size, or their physical activity....i would waste to nothingness if i try tomaintain on 1000 cal diet...

6+ years post op i lose weight when i get the proper food on 1200 cal per day on average...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

poet_kelly
on 12/31/14 7:17 am - OH

You should not do the five day pouch test (it's just a fad diet for WLS folks) or go back to liquids.  You should go back to following your doc's plan.  If you don't remember what that plan is, make an appointment with your surgeon or a registered dietician.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

tusun50374
on 1/2/15 5:40 am

I am pretty much in the same boat.  I feel ravenous all the time and gaining the weight back scares me. 

baylport12
on 1/6/15 9:10 am - MD

Thanks for that reply... I needed to hear that because I went overboard with the holidays and I need , no I have to get back on track!