please help

dreamingvsg
on 12/31/14 2:22 am - Tacoma, WA

Hello I was wondering if anyone with medicaid or without was sleeved at evergreen hospital in Kirkland, WA how was the process? Your experience. Also how do u think I should approach my pcp about bariatric surgery? Im nervous. And I've talked to her 2 years ago about my weight all she said was do a low carb diet etc but I've tried everything imaginable! Atkins hcg drops garncia cambogia weight loss teas juicing every weight loss pill. Etc I just hate being judged. I know bariatric surgery isnt a magic pill but a tool. 

Stats:

Hw: 265

5'3 

Bmi: 46 ish?

Pcos: hard to lose weight, darken skin in different areas, hair, loss of menstruation its been almost 3 years since I had a cycle  .. I don't feel like a woman. I just really want to have my darn cycle. To be healthy. etc. Also feel like I have anxiety and lower back pain badly. And had asthma in middle school. Still feel loss of breath here and there. Sorry for the long and multiple posts. I think the mobile version of this app sucks cuz I cant see every post or thread so yeah. My apologies.

poet_kelly
on 12/31/14 4:05 am - OH

I would approach it with your PCP by saying "Hey, I want to have WLS."

If you need a referral from her in order to see a bariatric surgeon, then I'd say "Hey, I want to have weight loss surgery and I need you to refer me to a bariatric surgeon.  Thanks!"

If you don't need a referral, then just make an appointment with a surgeon.  Next time you see your PCP, tell her "I met with a bariatric surgeon and will be having WLS in a few months."

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.