4 Year Surgiversary Maintaining 135 lb Loss

billmacc7
on 12/31/14 12:47 am - MA

The Numbers:
346: All time high 7/1/10 - BMI = 52
326: Tufts Medical Center, Surgery 12/27/10 BMI=49
210: Today 12/31/14 -->0 lb gain BMI=30

135 Total Weight Loss

Well, looking at the calendar realized I just had my Surgiversary on 12/27/14 of 4 years Post Op!! Overall, this is the best decision I have ever made for my health.  Still, due to family health issues and other things, having led to me having a struggle with my maintenance. I had gotten as low as 196 and maintained that for some time. Over the last few months or so my weight has gone up to a high of 215. Today, it was 210 after doing a Boot Camp class at the Y.    

In my experience there are three parts of Maintenance. First is my diet. My diet is erratic at best. Basically I eat ok during the day. Usually healthy and appropriate amounts. However I have 2 times of the day I struggle with. In between lunch and dinner; and after dinner and before bed. I really struggle at these times but am committed to doing a better job going forward.   

Second part of maintenance is exercise. In all honesty I did not do alot of it in my 1st year. However since then have done well. I have ran several 5k's, 10k's, 5 milers and even 2 half marathons!!! Additionally have been very active at my local Y often going 3-4 times a week doing classes like Spinning, Body Pump, Boot Camp and Mens Basketball League. I truly LOVE to work out and am grateful to be able to do so as a result of my WLS.  

The 3rd part of maintenance is vitamins. I am very religious in taking all of the following:  2 Multivitamins; 3 Calcium Citrate; 1 B12; 1 Iron. Again, this is a strong point in my maintenance.   

Lastly is support.  I can say I LOVE this site and the posts from all of you. Knowing I am not alone is a very comforting feeling. I also attend a Post Op WLS group through Tufts Hospital where I has surgery done.    

I am thankful for my surgery that gave me a fighting chance with my weight and more importantly my health.  Further, I am blessed with family, friends and overall a very good life.

Be well,and Happy New Year to you all!!!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Member Services
on 12/31/14 2:39 am - Irvine, CA

billmacc7
on 1/1/15 11:25 am - MA

Thanks to OH and all the people in Member Services..very grateful for this site as it has been a signifcant part of my WLS Journey!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Tracy D.
on 12/31/14 3:48 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Congratulations, Bill!  

Which surgery did you have? 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

billmacc7
on 1/1/15 11:26 am - MA

THanks Tracy..I had RNY Laproscopic Gastric Bypass at Tufts Medical Center in Boston, MA

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Raze
on 1/1/15 11:27 am

woo-hoo!!