Fruits and a low carb diet. The best and worst.

Chilipepper
on 12/28/14 3:32 am, edited 12/28/14 3:35 am

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

TinaInTexas
on 12/28/14 5:10 am

Would anyone know a link to a high protein list ?

TIA

Chilipepper
on 12/28/14 5:36 am, edited 12/28/14 5:39 am

It's very easy to determine a high protien food... Anything that flys in the sky, walks on the earth or swims in the ocean is a good source of protien...

eggs

cheeses

yogurt

some fats are ok for making salads like egg, tuna or chicken ie. Mayo

a little butter is ok..

i even say some refried fat free beans is a good idea with a slice of cheese. 

Imo. Nuts and butters don't provide enough protien to cal/carb ratio. They are high in fat. 

http://bembu.com/low-carb-and-high-protein-foods

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 12/28/14 6:32 am
VSG on 01/11/16

Thank you for the links

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/28/14 8:05 pm

I have BSugar meter, that together with the list helped me determine what fruits affect my personal BSugar....

I had to do that after i got 2 severe RH issuse after eating fruits (even though i had fruits with proteins and fat..)..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."