6 months medically supervised weight loss before surgery

nbayona
on 12/27/14 10:06 am

Hello, i am hoping to have gastric bypass surgery very soon. i have completed 5 of the 6 month medically supervised weightless seminars. I have health first and its required. I haven't lots much weight only 10 pounds. I was wondering how long it takes to get a surgery date after the completion of these seminars. Will it take a lot of months or is it usually quick? Anyone else with health first? Thank you for answering! 

sunnkistme
on 12/27/14 10:27 am

I am absolutely sure it does not usually happen like it did for me but, wow it went fast.  I had my final visit on a Thursday - I called the following Monday to see if my request had been sent in and found out I had been approved.  The next morning (Tuesday) I get a call from the surgeon's office that they had a cancellation on Monday- could I make it.  And I did!  I was so glad I did not have a long drawn out wait time.  I think once the insurance approves it is scheduling the surgeon and the hospital that takes so much time.

nbayona
on 12/27/14 10:40 am

Thank you for your reply! Did you take the 6 month seminars? I wish you good luck with your surgery :-)

Amy K.
on 12/27/14 12:39 pm - Tucson, AZ

My surgeon scheduled me prior to approval with the agreement that if not approved is be pushed back 4-6 weeks. Fortunately I was approved quick and has surgery 3 weeks after my final visit with the nut and pcm.

High Weight: 264, BMI 46.8, Surgery Date: July 1, 2014, weight 227, BMI 40.2

Deana_
on 12/28/14 1:30 am

My insurance only required a 90 day diet but with appointments from start to fini**** was around six months. Just had my surgery dec 22