Anyone have Dr Lisa Marie Pompa

pennysmith
on 12/26/14 3:21 am - kelowna, Canada

Im from Dawson Creek BC-  I have been referred to her clinic.......Dr Pompa in Mexico -this is a HUGE decision and scared to death

I was on a list 3 years ago for gastric bypass on the island-Dr Amson.....I gave up- they said I would be looking at 5-7 year waiting list

Penny Smith
Dawson Creek BC

Hislady
on 12/26/14 6:18 am - Vancouver, WA

Try checking the Mexico forum here on OH but I want to say she has a pretty bad reputation but I could be mistaken.

MsBatt
on 12/26/14 8:11 am

I have never heard anything GOOD about her. I have heard a number of people who've had complications after having her do their Sleeve. In most cases, they wound up with an hourglass-shaped Sleeve, which led to all sorts of problems. Some managed to be re-Sleeved by other surgeons, but a few lost their stomachs completely.

I understand the reason for going to Mexico for surgery since you're doing a self-pay---but price should be the LAST reason you consider a surgeon. Please, PLEASE do more research before you go under the knife! I would recommend Dr. Ungson in Mexico. (No, he did not do my surgery, but he has a stellar reputation for doing the Duodenal Switch, the most complicated WLS there is. The DS has a Sleeved stomach, btw.)

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/26/14 3:32 pm, edited 12/26/14 3:32 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Penny, check out the Mexico forum. There are many options in Mexico. Research them all before making your choice. There is Dr Ramos Kelly, Dr Alvarez, Dr Ungson, Dr Lopez and many others that I would consider before the one you were referred to. I have also read some negative reviews on her. You can use the search function and see if any posts come up. There may be a few. 

Depending on your budget there is also an excellent self pay option in Canada - Dr Gagner in Montreal. He is one of the best in the world. You could even see if your provincial plan will cover at least some of the costs especially if you were already on a waiting list.

good luck!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Poodlemac
on 12/26/14 7:06 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

Could you not do a self pay in the US?

MsBatt
on 12/27/14 6:07 am

It would *probably* be more expensive than if she goes the Mexico. Frankly, if she does good research and chooses a good surgeon she can have as good or better a surgical experience in Mexico as she can in the US.