New Year's Eve Surgery

SKmammabear
on 12/28/14 8:24 am

That's really a great idea for a super firm pillow...  maybe I'll get as good of nurse as you.  Hope you have done well since you are almost a year out!  Congratulations on that!  I'll keep my packing light so I don't have to pack it all home again!

STB
on 12/28/14 5:13 am
RNY on 07/21/14
Maybe a magazine but I only brought one. Slept alot and walked the halls. Good luck!
SKmammabear
on 12/28/14 8:22 am

I was thinking of bringing my tablet so I can use it for reading or playing games if I felt up to it.  My only experience with spending the night is when I had my c-sections or hysterectomy.  I'm sure I won't hurt nearly as much as those so hopefully I can use my tablet.  Thanks for the idea though!

ANGELINA6501
on 12/28/14 10:28 am
VSG on 12/16/14

I took much more than I really needed. I used my phone and charger and CHAPSTICK (it is a MUST). Everything else was useless.  I slept and walked and sipped.

From the hospital, I got booties and a gown (ask for a really large one, then it'll cover the back). Depending on how long you stay, the hospital may allow you to shower. I was asked if I wanted one, but I waited until I got home (I was only there overnight). They also provided shampoo, conditioner, body wash, baby wipes and powder. I didn't need any of it, but took it home anyway since I paid for it.

My husband forgot to bring a pillow along for the car, so I took one from the hospital with no problems.

I also brought Gas-X as I read all about it on the forums. My doctor advised against it, instead urging me to walk out the excess gas. My doctor's opinion may differ from yours.

And don't forget the obligatory New Years Eve Hat!

~Angela

VSG 12/16/2014   HW: 309 / SW: 280 / CW: 226

gram247
on 12/29/14 9:46 pm

Lucky you! What a great way to start the new year!. 

I was in the hospital for 2 days because they found the need to place 2 cardiac stents. but most people seem to be in overnight. Make sure you check with your doctor as to the expected length of time you will be hospitalized. 

I didn't need to bring anything but myself and my CPAP machine for sleep apnea ( which since the wt loss I don't need any more!).

Just bring something to read if you are so inclined, and comfy clothes to go home in. Pants with an elastic waist or draw string are best. Jeans may be uncomfortable.

Good luck on this journey you have chosen.  Happy New Year.

Raze
on 12/29/14 10:19 pm

a party hat :)