The Day After - Good, Bad or Ugly?

happytoloose
on 12/26/14 1:26 pm

I did great! All that food didn't even bother me. No booze either, no problem.

I started off with a couple of dice size pieces of pepper jack cheese and a dill spear.

Then moved on to a small salad with olive oil and vinegar, and worked my way through a tiny slice of prime rib. About 2oz.

Didn't finish any of it. Was full as if I ate everything on the table. I was so pleased with myself that I rewarded me with a piece of pecan pie. Didn't fini**** either. I checked today, and the scale is still dropping'. Major victory in my book.

Remembering last year, I ate so much I damn near burst. What a miserable feeling on Christmas. never again.

Rod

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/14 1:58 pm
VSG on 11/13/14

Christmas day was the first day of the regular bariatric diet for me and I cooked for the family. I madenprimenrib, beef tenderloin, ham, cheesy potatoes, roasted cabbage, asparagus, homemade rolls, cherry pie and mini pumpkin cheesecakes. I had a little prime rib, cheesy potatoes and cabbage. Later that night I had a small piece of cherry pie and the night before I had part of a mini pumpkin cheesecake. My tastes have changed a lot because I didn't care for the cheesecake or prime rib but everyone else raved about them. Looks like no more red meat for me. But hey, I was down a pound this morning so its all good!

MegZorar
on 12/27/14 1:41 am, edited 12/27/14 1:41 am

Overindulged. The good news: A few extra pieces of ham and nibbles this year, compared to gorging on errrrrrrrything last year. But also daily exercise, lots of water and back in old clothes that were several sizes too small just a few months ago.

The bad news: Scale says I'm up just slightly less than half a pound today. 

C'est la vie! Now to get back in the zone.

crazy4birds
on 12/27/14 4:15 am
RNY on 12/02/14

My daughter cooked this year so I wouldn't have to.  She made enchiladas, beans and rice.  Also served margaritas.  I am in the pureed phase so I ate some of the refried beans with a little non fat cheese. Looking forward to New Year's day when I can eat soft food.  Think I might cook some lamb.

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

Raze
on 1/1/15 7:05 am, edited 1/1/15 7:07 am

oh, i did pretty well. i always go to my sisters house and she puts out a spread for all to graze on throughout the day. lots of "appetizer" style food which is just my size to eat (small) and also honeybaked ham and turkey, pies, not a lot of cookies and things but plenty of candy. i grazed with everyone else and had a plate of "stuff." 

overall i ate "well" during the holidays. so much food all over the place i swear its hanging from the trees downtown. and lots of sugar, flour, and candy all over the place. i ate my good share of it, i suppose. i do indulge, but not over indulge. it doesn't take long for me to become tired of eating cookies, pies, cakes...i love it, but "enough is enough" these days and about NOW am just "ugh, please let me not see another sugar cookie shaped like a tree!" so i had a good holiday season with food, and a fine christmas day. last night (nye) i didn't eat much, but ate often, grazing again

back to my usual diet of "whatever" now, though. which does not include a lot of sugar or fat. well, some of that stuff, yeah...but its not bigger amounts like the season brings. i am a good eater but somewhat small eater these days