What about you?

MegZorar
on 12/23/14 9:43 am

I like to take the time between Thanksgiving and New Year to literally count my blessings. Oprah calls it a "gratitude attitude" and I love that. So much good came with 2014 and the decision to have WLS.

Here are just a few examples:

-Liking what I see in the mirror

-Daily workouts

-A healthy diet

-the right to bare arms (I've got "guns," baby!!!)

-the ability to cross my legs

-pants that fall off me

How about you? What are you thankful for as you look back on 2014? 

Kathy S.
on 12/23/14 11:41 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

MegZorar
on 12/24/14 5:51 am

Thanks. Kathy!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 12/23/14 7:03 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I'm thankful for my mom, she has always been there for me & I'm grateful she's still here.

I'm thankful for the memories of my Dad & Grandma, they've passed on but I miss them & am grateful they were in my life.

I'm thankful for some of my co-workers who have become my friends & were supportive of me & the wls that I decided to have.

I'm thankful for having a job that had wls covered in my health insurance. I would've had to work a whole lot of ot to pay for it myself.

I'm thankful for finally going ahead & having wls, it has changed my life for the better. I'm not one who'd say I should've had this years ago because I was not ready for it years ago, & the vsg wasn't an option back then, so I'm glad I waited.

Oh yeah I'm thankful for my 2 cats & turtle, can't imagine life without my pets.

First, last, & always I'm thankful to the Lord above who made all of this possible.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

MegZorar
on 12/24/14 5:52 am

Beautiful post, 1LastTime.

huskergalWsD
on 12/24/14 12:28 am

What bugs me is that I was real excited the first time I was able to cross my legs sitting down. Now Dr. Oz said  do not cross your legs, cuts off circulation. 

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

MegZorar
on 12/24/14 5:54 am

Uh oh! Crossing my legs is a major goal of mine. Sorry, Dr. Oz.

Congrats on getting there.

MMMMMark
on 12/24/14 10:27 pm

Increase energy

Support from wife and family

Hiking again for the first time in years

MegZorar
on 12/25/14 10:19 am

Thanks for sharing. Would like to try hiking or riding a trail in 2015. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/25/14 12:53 am
  • I was thankful this year that I got a fire under my rear from somewhere and rejoined the gym after having lived overseas and gaining some weight.
  • I'm thankful that I did lose about 25lbs this year to get closer to my goal weight, which I'm still not at, but closer.
  • I'm thankful that my husband and kids are supportive of my weight loss and our food choices.
  • I'm thankful that my gym has a daycare.
  • I'm thankful that I have more energy and that I can maintain my home and play with my kids.
  • I'm thankful for the muscle definition I have developed this year.

I need to work on myself inside in 2015 and increase my weight lifting as well, and do more cross-training to challenge my body more.  I sometimes beat myself up in my head and I have to stop doing that because it leads to eating.

Good luck to us all in 2015!!!