Hesitant to post this but...

meka33319
on 12/23/14 2:13 am

I have been  two years out from my gastric sleeve. I own a scale and every other day I get on the scale and weigh this keeps me on track with my diet and what I'm eating. Secondly I know my weaknesses and don't allow them in the house. However I allow myself a treat if I have been good all month. 1) If I have went to the gym at least 3 days out the week 2) If i have consumed good healthy foods like fish, veggies and such 3) If I have taken my vitamins and made sure I'm healthy.. You will have a cookie, candy, and cake don't beat yourself up but make sure you have a healthy balance if you are not exercising, eating healthy and taking vitamins your punishment is no cheating. The holidays will be over soon and food will not bother you so much. And then just new ways of treating yourself like lowfat ice cream, small piece of cheese cake, but remember the rules you only get to cheat if you have been good..

Kathy S.
on 12/23/14 3:02 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Double what everyone said and "don't look back unless you are headed there"  It happened, it's done, get back to the basics and you will be fine.  If it starts to happen again and again, you may want to journal about what you are feeling and or what may be going on during these lapses to get a handle on what is triggering the eating. But we all have had those one time slips.

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Berryhoosier
on 12/23/14 4:49 am
RNY on 12/17/14

I think it's great that you have already made a plan for next year! You've got this!

DelilahJO
on 12/23/14 8:49 am

Thank you everyone so much :) merry christmas 

marymo362
on 12/24/14 5:40 am
RNY on 03/18/14

I am in agreement with Gwen and others who have replied to your post. This is life that you are living and WLS is a magic cure--it's a tool. It's so true that this is a couple bites of a cookie that's one little piece of your holiday. 

take a deep breath, enjoy the people around you and smile~! Drink some freshly poured chilled water, kick back and enjoy. The holiday season can be stressful and daunting with expectations we don't even realize we put upon ourselves.

You got this!

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014