Need shopping help please!

Tracy D.
on 12/22/14 3:55 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Way to go, Missy - and happy birthday fellow Capricorn (my birthday is 12/23 too!).  

Here's a tip and I don't want to rain on your parade...but Old Navy sizes run larger than most other places so don't take that size as gospel and blindly order stuff online.  I learned this the hard way when I bought a pair of denim shorts at Old Navy and got all excited and thought I was "really" that size.  Nope...everywhere else I'm one-to-two sizes bigger.  Vanity sizing is alive and well at Old Navy and Christopher Banks.  

Most stores go up to a size 16 in the Misses Dept.  And if they don't most decent department stores have a women's department.  You aren't limited to Lane Bryant.  You're just going to have to go into stores and start with a size 16 and 18 and see what fits.  Even in the same store different merchandise can run larger or smaller than you expect so you might pull on one brand of pants in a size 16 that fits like a dream and in another style you'll need a size 18.  

Have a wonderful birthday!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

meka33319
on 12/23/14 2:37 am

I love Charlotte Russe, New York & Company and my all time favorite Burlington Coat Factory...Now keep in mind don't spend to much money on clothes because you will keep losing. I also shopped at Goodwill wash the clothes really good and you can recycle them. And last but not least raid other people's closet and see what they have. When you reach goal then go on a big shopping spree .. Trust me you may get to a size 6 and you would have brought a lot of clothes that you keep losing weight in. I was a size 24 now a size 6,4 and sometime a 2 ... Good luck

Sandie E.
on 12/24/14 2:45 am - La Grande, OR
RNY on 05/14/14

I am not sure where you live but see if you have a Maurices, Bealls, Old Navy....they all have regular sizes and aren't Lane Bryant.  Way to go by the way!  Don't be surprised if it takes your brain time to catch up with your body!  That is what I have been experiencing during this journey.  I would still stray toward what I was used to for so long until I had to consciously change it and I still didn't believe it until I actually tried things on and saw they were too big.  Enjoy shopping and the new you in your new sizes!!!  Shop clearance for sure though!  You won't last long in sizes!

Highest - 281   1st appt - 274   Approval/pre-surgery - 259   Current - 136

Y D.
on 12/25/14 4:25 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Target has plus sizes, nice jeans too. Don't forget maxi skirts, they can last between sizes too :)