Not a veggie Lover

shakeitoff
on 12/22/14 3:12 am
VSG on 03/09/15

I think my husband is part rabbit.  HE will eat just about anything in the garden so he has a lot of different veggies around.  They just taste horrible to me.  I told the dietitian that I was a picky eater.  I don't she believed me till now.  PS Iceberg lettuce is my preferred salad. (go figure)

happytoloose
on 12/22/14 3:43 am

I wasn't exactly thrilled with veggies pre op, but two months out I'm seriously craving them.

Spinach, cabbage, peas, lettuce, and especially Brussels sprouts.

Finding ways to get them in has been a challenge.

Finally just did it, ate about 4 oz of Brussels sprouts even though it really limited the amount of protein I took in.

Wow, did I feel great. Really made a difference in my energy levels. I was shocked!

Loosing over a pound a day on average. Had a couple of stalls already but powered through them well.

Energy has been my only real concern, but now, with the veggies, its working itself out.

Making stirfry tonight, with a little pork loin and lots of snowpeas. Can hardly wait!

I think for me, the veggies are as important as the protein. Never would have guessed.

Keep tryin' to find one you like, I think you'll be happy you did.

Rod

MsBatt
on 12/23/14 9:07 am

I have never been a big veggie eater, but I eat more of them now than I did pre-op---not because they're necessary, but because I just plain like 'em more. You don't really HAVE to ever eat another veggie, EVER.

How do you feel about veggies cooked in things, like, say, sauces, casseroles, etc? You know, where they're there, but not in distinct hunks? My niece supposedly hated onions---but she loved my spaghetti sauce and my scalloped potatoes, both of which contain a LOT of onion---but minced so fiine that once cooked all they were was flavor.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/22/14 8:43 pm, edited 12/22/14 8:44 pm

I had RNY, and before that i used to love veggies.  And now...over 6 years post op... Veggies and i are not friends.  I can't really digest them, and they give me upset belly, gas and pain... So i stopped eating them. I really don't like them anymore. I still eat some, but mostly cooked, or sauteed. A few bites here and there. 

You taste buds may change, or they may not. Either way, you should be ok. 

Lions don't eat veggies and are ok, right? 

I tell people i don't eat veggies, but i eat vegetarians....

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Grim_Traveller
on 12/22/14 10:17 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Only a small part of why I love you Hala.

That stuff isn't food. It's what food eats.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.