Only 1 week out since gastric bypass and already...

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 12/22/14 4:22 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I got nothing.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/14 4:42 am

pebtash
on 12/22/14 7:13 am
VSG on 11/25/14

I am four weeks out now and was doing really well up till last week on week 3. I was proud of myself for getting in all my shakes, meals and 3 of the 4 bottles or water then came week 3. Tomorrow marks 1 month for me and I am lucky to get in 2 bottles of water, 2 of my 3 meals and they have been cut in half to a 1/4c. and 2 of my 3 shakes not to mention my prescriptions and vitamins. I am seeing the Nutritionist tomorrow and hope she will give me ideas as to what to do. The others on here said you can't feel the restriction right away and now that I've hit it I understand what they are saying. Some of the people here have been here a long time and have gone through what we are going through now. For the most part they know what they are talking about. I would hate to see you fail before you even really get started. Good luck with your journey.

lilnikki
on 12/22/14 2:35 pm - Preston, WA

Oh thank you!  I appreciate you relating your struggle and you should be proud.  I have been getting all my protein, but struggle some days with the water.  I've been back to eating and drinking as I should, including not eating or drinking more than an ounce every 15 minutes.  There are good messages on here that helped me to get back on track.  Thank you for yours.  Btw, I mentioned the restriction feeling not happening until weeks later to my nurse practitioner and she had not heard of that so glad to hear you say it happened to you.

Browneyedgirl33
on 12/22/14 8:24 am

I hope it gets better for you.  Please be very careful.  Really worried about your post.  My surgeon told me before I had my surgery that just a couple of weeks before my procedure one of his patients decided to eat a sausage and biscuit the first week after surgery.  My surgeon has never lost a patient yet.  The person got so immensely sick he had to do emergency surgery right away.  The patient almost died on the table.  Even after emergency surgery it still didn't work so he had to go in and reverse the surgery.  He will never operate on this person anymore.  So not only did they almost die but they will miss their opportunity to be able to have this surgery and lose the weight that could expand their life. I know it is very hard with food addiction and any addiction for that matter.  We all have our struggles.  None of us are perfect.  Please really think about this because you really could harm yourself very much.  I am on my 6th week and I can barely eat even a small amount.  Even with a yogurt I have to split it up.  I can only eat 1/2 at a setting with yogurt.  I cant even really eat regular food much yet.  I can eat a very small amount but not much.  I will be praying for you and I really do wish you the best.  I would recommend talking to your dr and see if you haven't already damaged something.  I don't know if you have heard how dangerous a leak is.  but if you get a leak it will put toxins in your body and you can die just from that.   I hope I have tried to help you by what I posted.  Hang in there and please go to the dr so you can make sure you are ok.

lilnikki
on 12/22/14 2:42 pm - Preston, WA

Another great response, thank you!  Yes, I spoke with my nurse practitioner and told her what I had done and my concerns.  She set me at ease and gave me options I had not considered to deal with cravings.  That said I have very little appetite today and yesterday.  I'm also eating much slower and sticking to the one ounce/15 mins.  Horrible what happened to that patient - that could have been me.  Stupid lucky.

Maureen H.
on 12/22/14 12:58 pm
VSG on 10/30/14

I'll be honest, I thought this was a troll post at first. My advice is similar to the rest of the posters....seek therapy. For some of us, food is the answer to our problems. I myself was an emotional eater. I had my VSG on 10/30/14 and once I moved out of my soft food phase, the temptation to bite into something greasy and spicy was definitely there. Thankfully I have a good support system (my husband) *****minds me in a nice way that those foods were the reason I was at 254lbs in the first place. You must have a good support system to get through those temptations to cheat. I had my first bite of chocolate at a Christmas party this weekend. My husband handed me a whole mini Godiva chocolate square. I contemplated eating the whole thing. As I was about to tear the wrapper open he snatched it out of my hand and said "sorry you can't eat this" and proceeded to pull the wrapper off and stick it in his mouth. At the last bite (the tiny corner of the square) he put it in my mouth and said "Merry Christmas Babe, you look great." He must of seen the disappointment in my eyes knowing he was right and I shouldn't eat it. He gave me just enough to kill the craving as well as a reminder that I want to continue to "look great." It's been a long time since I heard that. When I went home, I ate my sugar free Popsicle (15 calories) and felt good for the first time in a long time. Moral of the story: support system and therapy. You must use the tool to your advantage. It is definitely way too early to cheat. Cheating does happen down the road, but you must learn to make the right decisions when you are in that situation.

lilnikki
on 12/22/14 2:52 pm - Preston, WA

Thanks sublime29, much appreciated!  That was sweet of your husband to give you a morsel while reminding you that you look great.  He gave you the boost to carry you over until you could have your sugar-free treat. 

Yes, it was way to early and now I'm concerned with staying on the right track and hope I didn't do any damage.  I've already decided what from Christmas festivities I will be able to have.  Thanks for your support here.

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/14 6:32 pm

I thought you were a troll also.  Please, never ever do what you did again.  As others have stated, you could have ended up in the emergency room being operated on.  It is up to you regarding whether this surgery will work or not.  Most of us here have head hunger and don't act on it.  Please seek therapy.  I do hope you succeed.

lilnikki
on 12/26/14 4:12 pm - Preston, WA

Thank you!