Only 1 week out since gastric bypass and already...

Zee Starrlite
on 12/21/14 9:01 am

BE AFRAID - YEP BE VERY AFRAID, YOU WILL BUST THOSE STAPLES IN NO TIME.  OFF TO THE E.R. YOU WILL GO AND A RANDOM SURGEON IN THE HOUSE WILL GUT YOU LIKE A FISH.  IT IS, AFTER ALL THE HOLIDAYS.  EVERYONE IS GOING ON VACATION.  

REALLY, SERIOUSLY ANYONE WHO DOES SOMETHING THIS AMAZINGLY STUPID A WEEK OUT  UNFORTUNATELY GETS ANYTHING THEY CHOSE TO ATTRACT LIKE A DANGEROUS LIFE THREATENING SITUATION.

AND NO YOU WILL NOT BE SUCCESSFUL practicing THIS DUMB ARSE BEHAVIOR.

FOLLOW YOUR POST-OP INSTRUCTIONS!

GOOD LUCK!

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Sweetish
on 12/22/14 2:12 pm
RNY on 12/12/14

Thank you.  I was going to just say the same thing.  I am almost the same time out for my surgery and still am on liquids so my body can heal.  

igabriel323
on 12/21/14 9:11 am

Wow.  A cheeseburger. .be careful. .don't take this the wrong way. Bc I was having trouble tolerating food and I still am and I'm a month out.  U have to be careful with leaks.i think they recommend to be on liquids so your stomach inside can heal. Trust me you will feel restrictions in a couple of days.  Good luck.

lilnikki
on 12/21/14 6:19 pm - Preston, WA

Thank you for sincere reply.  I was told to have soft foods for 2 weeks and sadly chose to experiment.  I'm still on soft foods, but now I realize from the few non-hostile posts I've read so far, how damaging my choices can/could have been.  Btw, it was a kid's meal cheeseburger, but still I thought that would cause problems.  I realize now how potentially damaging that choice was.  Wish more people on this forum would consider that maybe, just maybe I am looking for guidance from people who have been through this.  I don't know of anyone to call that can relate and I needed to connect with people that understand this is a quite a journey to go on with little or no support.  Thanks again igabriel323!  I do appreciate your answer.

The Salty Hag
on 12/21/14 10:19 am
RNY on 05/20/13

This post made my night. Truly. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Valerie G.
on 12/21/14 10:40 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Did they not tell you that only half of RNY patients dump?

Now you know that it's up to you to succeed.  If you continue to push yourself you may stretch your stoma and you'll be forever hungry, eating, having wasted your time and money on surgery.

Be careful.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

lilnikki
on 12/21/14 6:23 pm - Preston, WA

No I didn't know that.  Thanks for the reply, especially the 2nd half.  I should say that to myself as a mantra during this next week.  Really thanks.

Mary Gee
on 12/21/14 11:12 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Why bother? Why even bother?  Doomed.  

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

andy M.
on 12/21/14 1:06 pm - fairfax, VA
with

So i start reading this posting and i like how it goes from cheeseburgers, to liking BIG SALTY PICKLES! hahaha i love the OH forums, always helpful and always good to put a smirk on my face, hahaha

Kate -True Brit
on 12/21/14 3:18 pm - UK

If you are a troll, go and play elsewhere.  If you are for real, go and get professional help. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,