Diabetes meds

mike324-190
on 12/22/14 4:34 pm
RNY on 12/30/14

That's encouraging. Thanks all for your well wishes. 

sunnkistme
on 12/25/14 2:45 am

Just a thought on quitting smoking..I was having problems with palpitations when I was a smoker.  I quit about 5 years ago.  I occasionally miss it but would never-ever consider picking up even one cigarette.  I never want to go through the HELL of quitting again.  I have not had palpitations since I quit.  I now regret not having quit much - much sooner. 

mike324-190
on 12/25/14 11:47 am
RNY on 12/30/14

Growing up as a child of two unhealthy smokers; I vowed to never start. I didn't smoke my first cigarette until I was 21. I regret ever smoking that first one. I don't know how many times I've tried quitting. It's too many to count over the last 26 years. I am still having a very hard time with it this time. The thing is, there is nothing anyone can tell me that will make it easier, except to share your own success stories with me, so I keep the mindset of; if they can do it, I can do it. Also to keep sharing how much better your life is, now that you've quit. Real stories from ex smokers.

My doctor, pcp that is, has lived a very sheltered life. He has no clue what it is to be a smoker, nor does he know what it is like to be fat. It's easy for him to tell me to just quit smoking and lose weight. If he only knew how hard that task truly is, maybe he'd show some compassion. I get the same reaction from other people who've never smoked as well.

Thank you for sharing your success story with me. It really does help.

Merry Christmas.