Any recommendations for a surgeon near Atlanta, GA?

(deactivated member)
on 12/19/14 4:12 am

Hi 

I'm at the very beginning of my weight-loss surgery journey. I'm trying to make the best decision as to which surgeonI should choose. My insurance is CIGNA. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

iloveravens
on 12/19/14 6:08 am
RNY on 08/13/14

One thing I would suggest is to go to Emory.  I went through NorthSide Hospital and in hindsight I would go with Emory.  My surgeon (Dr. Michael Williams) will operate there, and I've heard great things about Dr. Paul Macik.  Good luck!!!

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

(deactivated member)
on 12/19/14 11:59 am

Thank you😀

Earthgirl1914
on 12/19/14 10:26 pm - GA

Hello, I am in the Atlanta area as well! I highly recommend Peachtree Bariatrics at Atlanta Medical Center.  Dr. Hobson was my surgeon. I had the RNY surgery and have lost nearly 100 lbs.. I would absolutely do it again.  Feel free to write me back and let me know how your journey continues! ~ Rhonda

Earthgirl1914

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/14 12:08 am

Thanks for responding Earthgirl.

C_Turner221
on 12/19/14 10:35 pm
RNY on 12/22/14

I would recommend Dr. Robert Richard! His Team!!! Top Notch ... Quality at its BEST! His Program and track record has had mostly all 96% reach their goal... Gwinnett Bariatric... the Center of Weight Management. Check Him and  the *A-Team Out... You won't be disappointed!! Seriously...

Smile Life Looks Good on YOU!   Crystal    

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/14 12:01 am

Thank you C Turner

Kathy S.
on 12/20/14 1:56 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi 

What GREAT recommendations from your fellow members.  Here are links to the surgeon's profiles.  Check out the reviews.  The next step would be to attend a couple of the free seminars before making your final decision.  If you need help with that, let us know

Michael Williams, M.D., F.A.C.S. Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   
Larry Hobson, M.D.,F.A.C.S. Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   
Robert L Richard, M.D., F.A.C.S. Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

[email protected]

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

VSG on 06/12/13

Not sure if you'll see this since you deactivated, but here goes. My surgeon was Dr. Macik and he was great. Did my sleeve + medium HH repair. Smooth preop process that felt comprehensive, easy preop diet (real food with max of 20 grams of carbs for 2 weeks), good followup. His front office person is great. My surgery was at Northside which was convenient to home. I opted to stay a second night to get as much IV fluid as I could and they were fine with that. No issues whatsoever and I was completely satisfied with the nursing care there. People say the doc is standoffish, and while it is true that he's not quite the sort of fellow who would make a charming dinner party guest, he is straight up with me and gives me good advice when I ask/need it. He advised me to switch from RNY to VSG because of my concerns about reactive hypoglycemia and I appreciated that he took my perspective into account AND told me why VSG was the better surgery for me in general. I can't ask for more.

I came to him after firing my first doc (Dr. Johnson @ Emory Johns Creek) because of the incompetence of his front office staff. I was involved in a lengthy insurance appeal, and his insurance coordinator not only gave me wrong information numerous times, she refused to return my calls once I had won my appeal with help from Walter Lindstrom's office. I got to the point where I realized I was working far too hard to give them my business and they didn't want it so I switched. Remember, you are going to have a long standing relationship with your doc AND his office staff. Take this into account when you make your choice.

Good luck on your journey.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!